Issue with a 301 redirect of a main page

I have an issue with a page that I've created a 301 redirect in URL mapping for. Each time I click on the page it redirects me to my home page instead. I've checked the seo section for the page and the url is correct.

Upon looking at url mapping section I see a redirect in there that was recommended to me by someone in this community as a one time fix for redirecting all my previous wordpress blog/name  to journal/name to save me having to do them all individually. I suspect this redirect is inadvertantly redirecting this page in question to a journal/name even though it was never a blog post however I can't be sure!

The url in question is www.philnunez.com/creative-documentary-wedding-photographers-edinburgh which I've redirected to

www.philnunez.com/edinburgh-wedding-photographer

Upon clicking on the link it takes me to my home page instead but the url is www.philnunez.com/journal/edinburgh-wedding-photographer

Can anyone shed some light as to why this is happening?

Thanks!

Hi @PEN_72,

I'm happy to help. I understand your concern. Below, I've added a few solutions that might be helpful:

Can you please double-check your URL mapping settings to ensure there are no conflicting redirects or unintended configurations.

If you have any further questions, feel free to ask.

Thanks,
Sadul Sifat.

SEOSpace Team

SEOSpace - The SEO Plugin for Squarespace.

Get a Free Squarespace SEO Audit: https://www.seospace.co.uk/squarespace-seo-audit-score

seospace-logo.png