Help! Images won't load more than 2-3 images in all product pages.

Hi all!

So this issue happened over the past 3 days which has never happened before.
It seems that the images won't upload pass 3 images on desktop, and 2 on mobile.

I usually upload up to 10 images per product, without issues.
I'm on Pro.

Is anyone having this issue? Can anyone help with this please? Argh.

Thank you.

Edited by mbdtw8

I can't solidly confirm your issue so let me describe what I noticed as I just tested this functionality.

On my first try uploaded 4 images. Three of the images uploaded normally. One image appeared to stall with a progress bar which appeared to be completed but the image wasn't showing. I saved the product and after the page reloaded, all four images where there. I went back in to edit the product and the four images showed there as well.

Then to push the system harder I uploaded 10 images. Flawless upload. No weirdness.

Does the first scenario match with your failed upload issue? Did some of the images not upload at all or were they all upload?

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

Thanks for your input!

I totally understand what you described. It is basically what happens on a daily basis on my end. It seems that the uploading process has a certain pattern that I had to adapt to. (Like back and forth uploading, waiting for refresh after stalling, and rearranging image order despite previous arrangement etc... I am certain you know what i mean.) But the issue i am having is slightly different, while everything appears to upload seamlessly on the backend, the website only displays 3 images instead of the 10 (for example) that were uploaded without issue. It's across  the entire website on all product pages where only 3 images are showing up, including the product pages that have been there for a long time as well.

8 minutes ago, mbdtw8 said:

the website only displays 3 images instead of the 10 (for example) that were uploaded

Have you added any custom code that could be hiding the other images? A link to the page will help us to see the issue 🙂.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, paul2009 said:

Have you added any custom code that could be hiding the other images? A link to the page will help us to see the issue 🙂.

Thanks for your reply!

This issue happened randomly and it was still fine just 2-3 days ago, thinking it might just resolves itself!
I have not added any new code recently, and I have also tried removing all custom CSS, but the issue is still there. 

Thanks again.

Edited by mbdtw8

I'm having the same issue and it looks like a bug. Nothing was ever changed in the website and yet the product pages only show 3 images when the gallery is set to "stacked". Any other layout like carousel it will display the images fine but it will limit the images to 3 when the product section layout is set to stacked. 

Edit: this happened across all products, it's not specific to a single product. Products that displayed 6 images are now only displaying 3. When editing the products I can see all the images but when it's live any image after the third won't display and it only happens is stacked galleries. I've linked a product page below. This product should display 4 preview images but shows 3 (excluding the full width image below). Any help is greatly appreciated.

https://www.tugcu.co/fonts/p/claymore

Edit 2: Contacted Squarespace, turns out it's an issue on their end and they're working on it.

Edited by mehmetrehatugcu

I'm also having the SAME issue for ALL my of site's product pages across multiple browsers on desktop.
Only 3 product images images show – I have 8 to 9 product images per product and presently shows only 1st, 2nd and last product image, (using stacked design for product images in version 7.1 )
NOTE: on mobile all product images display, yet swiping thru product images on mobile is very 'sticky', neither of these situ's are good at all. Hopefully Sqsp can remedy/fix this issue asap. 
If anyone has any updates, please post. TY ☺︎

13 hours ago, mehmetrehatugcu said:

I'm having the same issue and it looks like a bug. Nothing was ever changed in the website and yet the product pages only show 3 images when the gallery is set to "stacked". Any other layout like carousel it will display the images fine but it will limit the images to 3 when the product section layout is set to stacked. 

Edit: this happened across all products, it's not specific to a single product. Products that displayed 6 images are now only displaying 3. When editing the products I can see all the images but when it's live any image after the third won't display and it only happens is stacked galleries. I've linked a product page below. This product should display 4 preview images but shows 3 (excluding the full width image below). Any help is greatly appreciated.

https://www.tugcu.co/fonts/p/claymore

Edit 2: Contacted Squarespace, turns out it's an issue on their end and they're working on it.

Thanks for your input and for getting in touch with them. Good to know it is an issue they are working on. Phew!
Mine is displaying the first, the middle, and the last image in a stack of 10. How funny. Hope it gets resolves soon.

4 hours ago, GNatura said:

I'm also having the SAME issue for ALL my of site's product pages across multiple browsers on desktop.
Only 3 product images images show – I have 8 to 9 product images per product and presently shows only 1st, 2nd and last product image, (using stacked design for product images in version 7.1 )
NOTE: on mobile all product images display, yet swiping thru product images on mobile is very 'sticky', neither of these situ's are good at all. Hopefully Sqsp can remedy/fix this issue asap. 
If anyone has any updates, please post. TY ☺︎

It seems I wasn't the only one experiencing exactly the same problem. One of the members have mentioned that it is a bug that Squarespace is working on. 🙂

Same issue here! Only 3 images are shown on my products although I have more and they are buggy when I click and drag them for some reason. I'm using the simple layout by the way and it was working perfectly until yesterday...

Already contacted squarespace and waiting for a response.

Edited by Laticauda

Hope this helps, currently Sqsp had this to say regarding product image 'glitch',

My Chatroom convo with Squarespace 3/21/24 Thursday 7:15 am New York, USA below:

"Thank you for your patience. We’re currently investigating an issue with how product images display on product details pages in the Stacked layout, only showing the first 3 images—thanks for reporting this to us. Our Engineering teams are prioritizing a fix for this as we speak.

For now, try using the Slideshow or Carousel layout instead, as these will display all images as expected. To be clear, this is a temporary workaround, rather than a permanent fix for the issue.

There are many variables that we test against before we release a fix, so we can’t provide an exact timeframe for a resolution. We can’t always follow up personally when a fix is released due to the volume of reports we receive for this issue.

That said, these reports are crucial for us as we improve our platform. If you notice any other unusual behavior, please contact us again."

18 hours ago, GNatura said:

Hope this helps, currently Sqsp had this to say regarding product image 'glitch',

My Chatroom convo with Squarespace 3/21/24 Thursday 7:15 am New York, USA below:

"Thank you for your patience. We’re currently investigating an issue with how product images display on product details pages in the Stacked layout, only showing the first 3 images—thanks for reporting this to us. Our Engineering teams are prioritizing a fix for this as we speak.

For now, try using the Slideshow or Carousel layout instead, as these will display all images as expected. To be clear, this is a temporary workaround, rather than a permanent fix for the issue.

There are many variables that we test against before we release a fix, so we can’t provide an exact timeframe for a resolution. We can’t always follow up personally when a fix is released due to the volume of reports we receive for this issue.

That said, these reports are crucial for us as we improve our platform. If you notice any other unusual behavior, please contact us again."

Thanks so much. This is very helpful for us knowing they are working on it. Appreciate it.

As a temporary fix I added the following CSS code @tuanphan provided me and everything works perfect for me.

/* Fix product images */
.ProductItem-gallery .ProductItem-gallery-slides-item {
    display: block !important;
}
@media screen and (max-width: 991px) {
.ProductItem-gallery-slides-item.going-next.prev-slide.next-loaded {
    animation: unset;
}}

On 3/24/2024 at 6:25 PM, freshlydiced said:

Had the same issue. Currently I can't upload images to any pages. Please let me know if anyone can provide code/fix for issue. 

bngp-uploading-issue.mov 14.62 MB · 3 downloads

You try above CSS code

/* Fix product images */
.ProductItem-gallery .ProductItem-gallery-slides-item {
    display: block !important;
}
@media screen and (max-width: 991px) {
.ProductItem-gallery-slides-item.going-next.prev-slide.next-loaded {
    animation: unset;
}}

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)