Migrating contacts from one Squarespace site to another

Hey, I've gone through the docs and I just want to check if anyone knows how to migrate all your contacts from one website (a 7.0 site) to another (7.1 site)?

I know you can add subscribers using a spreadsheet that only contains name and email, but that's ridiculous, right? I think you should also be able to import orders from another website. Why not?

For context, I needed to create a new site because the client is upgrading from 7.0 to 7.1 and this project started a while ago.

The CRM aspect of Squarespace should be independent of websites.

Thanks

1 minute ago, digitalfreelancer said:

I just want to check if anyone knows how to migrate all your contacts from one website (a 7.0 site) to another (7.1 site)? For context, I needed to create a new site because the client is upgrading from 7.0 to 7.1 and this project started a while ago.

You cannot extract orders or contacts from the Squarespace platform. The only way to carry this data over from 7.0 to 7.1 is to use the Squarespace Update Tool to do an in-place upgrade to 7.1.

If you created a new site on 7.1 then you may want to consider doing the in-place update to give you a 7.1 site with the data. You can then delete the old content and move your new design (including pages, content and styles) over to the old site. It's not ideal, but it's an option 🙂.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 2 months later...
On 2/26/2024 at 4:21 AM, paul2009 said:

move your new design (including pages, content and styles) over to the old site

Hello, I've been looking for the cleanest way to do this. Is there an endorsed extension or a shortcut for copying  design work to the newly updated (7.1) site?