No longer able to rearrange form fields

I've somehow lost the ability to rearrange/reorder my form fields.  Edit Form >> Edit Form Fields gives me my list of fields, which I can then edit individually (Label, Description etc) and I can Add a New Field, but I have no way to reorder the fields. I used to be able to do this. I have no idea when this started happening since I haven't had to edit our forms in quite a while.

Per the Form block Help page: " Click Edit Form Fields to manage your form's fields. To add a new field, click Add Field. To rearrange or delete fields, click Edit in the top-right corner."

There is no "Edit in the top-right corner" for me to click to rearrange fields.

This is not a site-specific issue. I manage eleven sites. I've tried to rearrange fields on four of them and all are experiencing the same issue. I've tried different browsers but the issue persists. I've created an new site to see if the issue is due to something in my existing websites, but the issue persists on the new site. 

Any ideas what might be going on?

thanks. 

Edited by jtherieau
add'l info

Hello

I’m also having the same issue. And unfortunately I don’t have those little dots that you’ve pointed arrows to in order to do it that way either. 
Any other ideas? 
Thank you 

I don't have those dots either, nor the "Edit" button in the top-right corner.

• Custom CSS is empty.
  • Chrome is up to date. Version 121.0.6167.185 (official Build) (64-bit)
  • I have cleared browsing history, cookies, and cached images and files.

Here is what I see in Chrome on my laptop.

Screenshot 2024-02-16 084851.png

And the same page using Chrome on my phone.

Screenshot_20240216_092129_Chrome.thumb.jpg.5e7328e2ed71bb20f13d6da2024126e0.jpg

Edited by jtherieau
add'l info

It looks like Squarespace are currently making some unannounced changes to the Form Block Editor because, although I am seeing the grab handles and can move fields, I am seeing a different UI now than I saw a few hours ago (Tuan's post is the newer version).

Please contact Squarespace Customer Care directly about this issue and post back with what you learn.

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

Edited by paul2009

Me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for >18 yrs & Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL. We provide high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji. Buying a coffee is generous but optional.

Would you like your customers to be able to mark their favourite products in your Squarespace store?

After troubleshooting any possible browser or router caching issues—clearing my browser cache of everything and restarting my router—we determined that it's not either of those.

Next, when I tested on my desktop system (not a laptop touch-screen), the issue was gone and I was able to rearrange my form fields. So the issue seems to be specific to my laptop (HP touchscreen) and cellphone (Android). 

Per Customer Support:

(1:27:20 PM) John: We also have an ongoing issue with hybrid computers like your Laptop that results in not being able to consistently edit your site. Thank you for reporting this to us...This issue could be related to an outdated cache in the router but I strongly believe is due to our ongoing issue. I linked this case to the ongoing issue so our Engineers can use it to implement a fix.

In the electronics world, anything that is a combination of analog and digital technology is a hybrid. For example: D-A and A-D converters, some microprocessors, most telecom devises, and if you stretch it, certainly digital microphones, some headsets, cell phones and all laptops, PCs, iPads and the like. --Quora.com

Hello, I have recently added form fields in an existing form block.  They appear at the bottom of the list.   I have tried to move the fields to where I want, which has been difficult. Once there, I exit the form edit but the move does not save.  I’m doing this in the app because I’m not able to see the move option on my PC.  I also don’t want to delete and recreate the form because it’s quite lengthy.  

Any suggestions?

• 2 months later...

This reply may be a little late but I just started with Squarespace and have this very issue with my Chromebook. I solved it by clicking on "edit" to make the dots appear. Place the cursor over the dots, left click on the mouse pad and while holding down on the click, use the pad to move the category.

• 4 weeks later...

Help please. I’m normally on desktop but today I have to use an IPad. I added a List Item to Content and it is at the end of the list and I have tapped Edit and the bar of dots shows up but I cannot move the Item up to the top of the list.