Jasper Jin template -- adding title/description SEO to gallery but do not want info displayed

Go to solution Solved by kellywilliamsphotographer,

Hi.  I am trying to increase the SEO visibility on my site.  I have the Jasper Jin template installed.  For my portfolio and stories sections (gallery pages), I would like to input a title and description for each image for the sake of SEO, but I do not want this information displayed in any way.  Is this possible?  I find that whatever I input into the individual image will be displayed on hover.

Hi @kellywilliamsphotographer - please could you send the page across so I can take a look?

In general, for SEO, you only need to add alternative text (alt text) to images, so you might be able to get away without adding the title and description.

Henry Purchase

Founder of SEOSpace - the SEO plugin for Squarespace.

Get a Free Squarespace SEO Audit: https://www.seospace.co.uk/squarespace-seo-audit-score

image.png.f2cf8f5bd8cb76803cb561be0b303142.png

Hi @kellywilliamsphotographer. Yes Jasper uses the title/desc as alt in some spots, but if desired you should be able to hide the text. See site styles. Indexes, toggle “show project captions.” Gallery page, toggle “show project captions.” Generally on 7.0 templates if you click an element on the page it does a good job of isolating the associated styles on the left. Good luck!

Have SEO questions? Chances are we've written about it! Try a quick Google search to find our advice. Or for personalized support, see our consulting and training sessions.  Official Squarespace Experts since 2014 

Hi @kellywilliamsphotographer. I see, that is a gallery vs project. Inserting CSS will work: https://forum.squarespace.com/topic/151871-hide-image-title-description-in-gallery-lightbox/

Have SEO questions? Chances are we've written about it! Try a quick Google search to find our advice. Or for personalized support, see our consulting and training sessions.  Official Squarespace Experts since 2014