Remove background color from Block

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

We're using shapes like cards and now the text and shape seem to be grouped.  I want to add a shadow to the shapes but can't isolate the shape itself to do so.  Help!  As you can see, the text box is highlighted and I can't access the shape box below it to get to the shape formatting.  Higher up on the page I was able to do this, but am no longer able to now. 

https://tetra-cylinder-jagt.squarespace.com/config/pagesimage.thumb.jpeg.3c2385d200b20d566bdf2dad94cb58df.jpeg

• Replies 5
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, vocochoirs said:

We're using shapes like cards and now the text and shape seem to be grouped.  I want to add a shadow to the shapes but can't isolate the shape itself to do so.  Help!  As you can see, the text box is highlighted and I can't access the shape box below it to get to the shape formatting.  Higher up on the page I was able to do this, but am no longer able to now. 

https://tetra-cylinder-jagt.squarespace.com/config/pagesimage.thumb.jpeg.3c2385d200b20d566bdf2dad94cb58df.jpeg

You can click icon next to Recycle to reverse Shape to front

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

6 hours ago, vocochoirs said:

Actually, that only gives me the option to duplicate.  Once duplicated I can move the duplicated portion front to back, but not the text from front to back.  

Click on the third icon from the left. The one that's a solid square in front of a dotted square. If you hover on that, it should say something like "bring forward". Likewise, the 4th one is "send backwards".

Edited by melody495

-------- > 👆 <---------- Please quote or @ me when replying, or I won't get a notification 

Melody | Squarespace Website Developer
e: melody@melodylee.tech

💻 💁‍♀️ 1-2-1 Squarespace Training session <- feeling stuck and want to learn?
👩‍💻 💁‍♀️ Website help <- send me your to-do list. From code to plugin to domain setup.
 Did I help? I like coffee (Thank you)
🧰 See the tools I use (contain affiliate links)

Hey everyone, thanks for the help, but it's not helping!  I don't have an option to click on the back to front, as you can see in the very first screen shot I included; I only have the option to duplicate.  I am really trying to avoid just deleting the whole section and starting over, but it looks like that's what I'll have to do.  Thanks anyway!

• Solution
On 1/17/2024 at 12:02 AM, vocochoirs said:

We're using shapes like cards and now the text and shape seem to be grouped.  I want to add a shadow to the shapes but can't isolate the shape itself to do so.

This looks like a Text Block, not a Shape Block 🙂.

If the Text Block was overlapping with another block like a Shape Block, you'd see the forwards/backwards options in the context-sensitive menu:

image.png.9f89ca3a4cc8285ca3accb25d0aba932.png

As you don't see these options, the block isn't overlapping another block 🙂.

You can remove the background colour from the Text Block by clicking the Edit button (Pencil) and then the Paint Bucket icon.

image.png.5d6fc42525518700c21dfffa53a18e44.png

image.png.6588cfe5aa134d5f58565b233fd44d5e.png

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

Me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for >18 yrs & Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL. We provide high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji. Buying a coffee is generous but optional.