The Logo in my header navigates to my homepage. I don't want it to do this. How can I stop it navigating to anywhere?

Hello.

As above, The logo in the header page, which appears on every page, is clickable. I only just realised this. It navigates to my home page, which I don't want it to do. Can I disable this in some way?

All suggestions gratefully received.

Thank you.

42 minutes ago, Maturinok said:

The logo in the header page, which appears on every page, is clickable. I only just realised this. It navigates to my home page, which I don't want it to do.

This is expected behaviour on many websites and, if you remove it, this may confuse visitors. Can you explain why it is a problem? For example, would you prefer it to link to an alternative 'home' page?

If you provide a link to the website we'll be able to help you more easily.  

Me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for >18 yrs & Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL. We provide high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji. Buying a coffee is generous but optional.

Would you like your customers to be able to mark their favourite products in your Squarespace store?

Hello Paul…and thank you for responding.

I’ve volunteered to write a basic website for a choir here in North Wales. I am a beginner in all of this!

The Home page has two buttons, “English” and “Cymraeg” (Welsh). This is because North Wales has a very large population of people whose first language is Welsh.
So. Here’s how my navigation goes so far.

Click on “English” to go to the “About/Welcome” page.
Click on “Contact” to go to the Form. Bottom of page is the “Home/Cartref” button which returns you to the English “About/Welcome” page. Same goes for the “Gallery” page. So far so good.

The same applies to the “Welsh” pages.

However, I’ve only just realised that the Logo in the header is clickable. It returns the user to the Homepage. The choir conductor doesn’t want this to happen. He would rather that it returned the user to the “About/Welcome’ page of the appropriate language chosen.

I hope this makes sense to you!

I don’t know if this is even possible. But, if it isn’t, is it possible to disable the logo going anywhere at all?

The website isn’t yet open to the public. It’s password protected. Here’s the URL and password.

www.monteverdisingers.org

Password:   montes2024

Thank you again.

Steve

What method are you using to create the dual-language site?

You should be able to write some JavaScript to send Welsh-speaking visitors (who are viewing a Welsh language page) to the Welsh language homepage and visitors to an English language page to the English language homepage. For example, Brad has included an example in his method (see step 4).

Me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for >18 yrs & Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL. We provide high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji. Buying a coffee is generous but optional.

Would you like your customers to be able to mark their favourite products in your Squarespace store?

Thank you for your input. But, as I said in my post, I am beginner in all of this. This is way above what I can do right now. Also, the choir is very short of money, and to use Javascript would involve upgrading to a business plan?

Thank you for your help.

Steve