Load custom page for mobile

Go to solution Solved by JayVanDyke,

I am about to finish this website: https://finnskogutstillingen.squarespace.com/
password: Finnskogutstillingen24

However, since Squarespace doesn't offer a solution to make certain changes on the mobile site, such as changing font size without affecting the desktop version; is there a way to load a custom page for mobile?

So if I duplicate my homepage, call it "home-mobile" and make all my adjustments, can this be loaded when using mobile only? I want that for all my 5 pages on this site.

Edited by gullbekken
  • Solution

No but you can make edits to the font sizes using CSS. Paste this into your custom CSS area.

//keep adding new selectors and delete 
  //what i have here if you need and copy 
  //and paste with different max-width 
  //for different screen sizes.
@media only screen and (max-width: 640px) {
  h1 {
    font-size: 28px; //change to your size
  }
  h2 {
    font-size: 24px;//change to your size
  }
  p {
    font-size: 16px;//change to your size
  }

}

Are there other mobile specific changes you are trying to do besides fonts or is this a completely different page layout basically? One strategy could be to hide and show certain sections on mobile but that's not usually great for SEO because you'll have some identical content on the same page.

Edited by jaeveedee
added more to the code

Did I help you? Buy me a coffee!

👨‍💻 Bergen Design Co.

💻  I'm for hire on Upwork!

🕸️ Squarespace Experts  

🖥️ 99Designs

It's really not a great SEO strategy due to having two sets of identical images or content but this is what I suggested at the end of my post above too. For an image gallery in particular this could really hurt your page and slow it down if its loading double the images. Even if they don't show on desktop or mobile they will still be loaded into the page. Most use custom CSS if the default from the old layout engine or the setup from the new fluid engine doesn't work. Many post questions like this in the forum so you can search or ask for specific edits and often you'll get responses with code like I put up above!

Did I help you? Buy me a coffee!

👨‍💻 Bergen Design Co.

💻  I'm for hire on Upwork!

🕸️ Squarespace Experts  

🖥️ 99Designs