Can you edit the mobile view without changing the website view?

Go to solution Solved by tuanphan,

On 8/24/2022 at 5:30 PM, AndyBridge said:

Is there any way to edit the mobile view without changing the desktop view?

You can change *some* things on mobile without changing desktop -meaning, you can rearrange and resize blocks. But if you change text alignment within a box, text size, color, or anything else that relates to content, it will appear on desktop as well. 

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Solution
23 hours ago, Jess26 said:

Is there a way to edit the mobile view without affecting the desktop view in the classic editor?

On 4/28/2023 at 3:19 AM, Immortal_Explorer said:

What do you mean by fluid engine, grid view edit? The link you pu5 just takes me to the normal dashboard.

Thanks

Alex

See this

https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/articles/6421525446541-Editing-your-site-with-Fluid-Engine

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

• 1 month later...

2023 and still no answer to this question? Are you able to edit web and mobile separately? For example I change text alignment or edit an image to fit better on mobile but it affects both. I see that the fluid engine was mentioned in a comment a year ago by a circle member, could you explain how that was relevant to the topic at any point in time? because it doesn't seem that the introduction of a new product on the site is a fix to a problem multiple people have asked questions to. I can also see that it's the same circle member replying to these topic posts and nearly every forum I've looked in for a solution, tuanphan just gives the wrong answer or outdated ones at best. Are there any circle members or anyone on squarespace with actual knowledge on a solution? 

@the_craigery I am having a similar issue. I have been told multiple times you can edit the mobile view and it won't effect the desktop view and that is just not true. 

My H1 heading on pages is getting cut off by the mobile header navigation. I moved it down, so it's not cut off in mobile but now on desktop it moves moves my header even farther down the page and looks bad.

I have already talked to Squarespace Support on their chat 2x this week about responsive vertical spacing issues and their answer is "it's because it's responsive" which makes NO SENSE. 

ScreenShot2023-07-16at2_25_16PM.thumb.png.dede3027de6a148abf26c601e3c36c60.png

ScreenShot2023-07-16at2_24_58PM.thumb.png.4b393a3785c4ab7f804c2153eceafd21.png

• 1 month later...
15 hours ago, Birdelz said:

Im also having this problem.. I want my site on desktop to show a gallery as grid: strips, but I want my mobile site to have the gallery as a slideshow: reel. Help??

You can add 2 galleries, then share page url, we can give code to show 1 on desktop, show another on mobile

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I seem to have the same issue. Whenever I change the side header for mobile view via the Squarespace app it also changes the desktop view automatically. The same when changing the mobile view via the Squarespace desktop version. Bit of a bummer because whatever I try the side header just doesn't look right either in the desktop view or the mobile view. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

@everone

I found this thread based on the having the same issue, once I went to view mobile. I believe most here are experiencing the same issue, and I found a solve.

Originally I built the site to look, feel and fit the brand. Mobile however was not adjustable without it effecting  the desktop site. So, the text would over lap on mobile. Here is what I found.

In any desktop (text box) that I created, I had used the (enter key) to adjust the line spacing I wanted. What I found was that you need to format your line spacing in the format font section instead. Eliminate all the (enter key) strokes in your text boxes. Simply drag the text box to the desired layout wanted, and then mobile & desktop spacing will be proper without needing to adjust either or. There are some limitations still, but at least fixes the unpleasant mobile issue.

Hope this helps! Cheers!

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/23/2023 at 1:22 AM, tuanphan said:

You can add 2 galleries, then share page url, we can give code to show 1 on desktop, show another on mobile

what is the code to accomplish this and where do i put the code?

On 9/24/2023 at 5:08 PM, Anna98 said:

Would really love for Squarespace to address this. My hero section is practically unusable on mobile, but any changes I make royally screws it up on desktop.

Having this same issue. Can't believe there isn't a simple feature for this or it isn't already included into the site builder. 

Please address this Squarespace Devs. 

Same issue! Unfortunately I did not realize that editing the mobile site would allow changes to flow back to the desktop version, and realized only after hours of minor adjustments that it royally screwed up my entire site. 🤦‍♀️ I assumed it was a glitch, but to see that others have been having this same issue for more than a year, and Squarespace's only solution seems to be "use a mysterious line of custom code that we have not provided" ... pretty sure I'm done wasting time with Squarespace. There are better solutions out there. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

PLEASE can Squarespace fix this 😭 I'm editing in FluidEngine which is meant to allow you to edit the mobile version, without it affecting the desktop as well, but it still does! How isn't there just a simple on/off feature for this?

I agree that this is causing issues. I am having issues with desktop and mobile veiw. I made my own graphics with a transparent backgroup (on canva) and then added this photo to my website, when I click desktop view the text is so small you cant read it. So I made another graphic with mobile friendly text HOWEVER when i added it to mobile view it replaced the desktop one. So I thought id just add a new section for mobile view. I think you should be able to HIDE certain blocks from either view so you can make functional ones that work for mobile view. I hope this is resolved ASAP