Looking for ways to make this site better

Hi, I'm Kristen.  I've been workin on a paywalled subscription site for fiction readers.  Apologies that I can't give you all first hand access to everything.   You can see the site at onemore.page.   I'd love to get some feedback on if the site's messaging communicates clearly enough and if the design is not too overwhelming.  Also, any recommendations on how I can make sections better would be great.  I'd love to add a feature where users can "Save" a guide for later but I haven't found anything like that yet.   

HI! As an avid reader, I'm thrilled to see your site. What a cool idea! The messaging is great. Clear and informative. My only suggestions would be the second section where you have the 3 points, maybe add a background color and the Search by Tropes section was a little hard for me to read with the background. Perhaps making that font darker? 

Love the site! Great job!

On 10/3/2023 at 11:32 AM, Kris10w said:

Hi, I'm Kristen.  I've been workin on a paywalled subscription site for fiction readers.  Apologies that I can't give you all first hand access to everything.   You can see the site at onemore.page.   I'd love to get some feedback on if the site's messaging communicates clearly enough and if the design is not too overwhelming.  Also, any recommendations on how I can make sections better would be great.  I'd love to add a feature where users can "Save" a guide for later but I haven't found anything like that yet.   

As an author the first thing I looked for was clear communication on what authors need to know. Is it like KDP, Kobo where it's full books, just the guides (which what I got out of it after poking around). I would have a FAQ section for authors just in case their work is on there. With AI and everything else to stay on top of you may get pushback. I would hate for a cool service like this to go away due to someone not understanding and causing issues.

Hi @Kris10w

I LOVE the idea and it's coming together so well! Here are a few suggestions:

• Make the text in the first section of the home page a little smaller. On my screen, some of the text and buttons were cut off, so it wasn't immediately clear to me what you offer.
  • Add your newsletter sign up to the home page! I was hoping you had a newsletter but it took me a long time to find it. Consider adding some opt-in content to incentivise sign ups. 
  • I couldn't see a Privacy Policy or Terms & Conditions on your site. I recommend adding them to build trust and credibility.
  • It would be nice to see a little about the person behind the brand, which again builds a sense of trust in your audience. 
  • Your pricing page felt a little confusing as I was expecting to see the lowest tier, medium tier, then highest tier in order (but this might just be me!).
  • Your website is very slow to load and the home page size is huge at 10.6MB. You should be aiming for 2-3MB.

I hope this is helpful! Let me know if you have any questions!

— Hannah

Studio Founded

A brand designer & strategist creating brands that bridge the gaps between artistry, strategy, and thoughtful consideration. Creator of Studio Founded, a digital resource library for purposeful business owners. 
💻 Shop Squarespace Templates
✍️ Curated Business Resources

🥰 Complimentary Downloadables
🤍 Bespoke Branding & Websites

Links in my posts may be affiliate links.

Beautiful site! Great colors, nice variety of layout types, cool typography, feels like a magazine. I also might use this site, I do find navigating online reviews of fiction series to be difficult and spoiler-riddled. 

A few suggestions:

• Some of the fonts are small, especially next to the Stephen King book The Outsider. 
  • Sometimes the fonts seem a bit busy, like under Whats in Our Guide. There's just a lot of font things, I could use something not a font thing to mix up the design elements. Also what's bolded feels a bit haphazard, like Main Character Descriptions is all highlighted. I'd either make it more consistent or just not do much of it there (it would reduce the number of font things going on). 
  • The two call to action buttons on the hero seem a bit odd, the text on the left one seems squished, the buttons are different sizes, fonts, just generally very different. 
  • The form field for email address at the bottom doesn't fit your other design, maybe give it rounded corners and brighten it