What's new at Squarespace

Check out everything new that happened at Squarespace in September below. Which updates are you most excited about? 

As a reminder, feature requests are not monitored in this channel. To submit a feature request, please reach out to our Customer Support team. 

Bio Sites 

Create multiple Bio Sites from your browser

You can now create multiple Bio Sites directly in the Bio Sites Web Editor. To create a new Bio Site, click the the gear icon icon and then click Create New Bio Site

Learn more about creating Bio Sites from the Web Editor. 

Domains

Get select domains for $12 USD per year

You can register a .com, .net, or a .org domain with a 40% discount for the first year or registration. Normally, these domains are $20 USD annually, but you’ll pay $12 for the first year with the discount. 

Claim your domain

New domain TLDs available 

When you register a domain, you can choose from an additional 15 TLDs we newly offer: .audio, .baby, .dad, .esq, .foo, .hair, .lol, .makeup, .mom, .monster, .phd, .pics, .prof, .quest, .skin. 

Visit the full list of TLDs you can register or transfer to Squarespace.

Websites 

Draft your site content with Squarespace AI 

Introducing generative AI in Squarespace Blueprint! When you build your own template with Squarespace Blueprint, you'll have the option to use Squarespace AI to generate text for your homepage. You’ll also get to choose the writing style to set the tone for the generated text. 

Please note, you should always review AI generated text. Because it’s generated by AI, it’s a great starting point, but it may not be accurate, appropriate, or right for your needs. You should always edit what Squarespace AI writes to add your own voice and unique details.  

Try Squarespace Blueprint

Learn more about Squarespace AI

Navigation changes

We’ve changed the navigation labels and the location of some panels The following has been changed: 

• Commerce panel is now Selling 
  • Profiles panel is now Contacts 
  • Marketing tools 
    • The Promotional Pop-Up and Announcement Bar panels are moving to the Website Tools section of the Website panel. 

To help you get around Squarespace as you get used to any menu changes, use the search keyboard shortcut: press “/” and search for the panel or setting you need. 

Manage your projects on Squarespace 

If you sell services on a project-to-project basis (like photography, consultation, or website design services), you can manage these projects in the Selling > Project Management panel. Within the panel, you can create and review project milestones, send invoices, and track revenue. 

You can also create a new project from a form submission to ensure all of the necessary information is together. 

Learn more about the Project Management panel

Pay for Squarespace with more currencies

We’ve added 13 new currencies you can use to pay for Squarespace: 

• Canadian Dollar (CAD) 
  • Colombian Peso (COP)
  • Danish Krone (DKK)
  • Indonesian Rupiah (IDR) 
  • Malaysian Ringgit (MYR) 
  • New Zealand Dollar (NZD) 
  • Norwegian Krone (NOK)
  • Philippine Peso (PHP) 
  • Polish Zloty (PLN) 
  • South African Rand (ZAR)
  • Swedish Krona (SEK) 
  • Swiss Franc (CHF) 
  • Thai Baht (TBH) 

Please note, it’s not possible to change your currency after your first payment.

Learn more about accepted billing currencies

I pay Squarespace a decent amount of money and things don't work as well as they used to. For example ... I can't edit my website on my phone. The app is pretty much useless. And other features like this ... "It's not possible to use the Use Existing Gallery option in version 7.1. This option is only for gallery pages, which are only available in version 7.0."

When will Squarespace improve 7.1 to make things better for us?

• 3 weeks later...

hi,

For me it is also frustrating that features which were available in 7.0, are not available in 7.1. Simple things like captions showing in a Lightbox, indexpages etc. I have to find work arounds through css and javascript to arrange certain outcomes which were available in the past, but are gone now. I my option these ( 'simple' ) features should be available for paying users of this platform.

I totally agree with craigcarmean that 7.1 should be improved to make things better for us.

Edited by Frick74

Dutch Photographer trying to build his own fantastic website!

There are a lot of basic functionality missing from Squarespace, here are to name a few off the top of my head: 

• Max store upload size is 300mb
  • Max image upload size is 20mb
  • No table of contents support without custom code
  • No code formatting options
  • No table without custom code
  • Not able to set formatting on a per line basis

They need to go through and make sure the bare bones basic functionality that all other editing platforms have Squarespace has too. 

Is there a way to request features? I agree with needing funnel builders, simple work arounds we can put in place would make Squarespace competitive against sites like Thrivecart and Samcart. 

- individual thank you pages

- one click upsells (not just recommended products)

- integrating with Activecampaign not having to use Zapier, or providing as much advancement as other email platforms. 

1 hour ago, roxy7699 said:

Is there a way to request features?

@roxy7699 Squarespace doesn’t use this forum to track limitations or feature requests. If you'd like to raise this as a feature request, you are encouraged to contact Squarespace directly by raising a ticket through Squarespace Customer Care

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• Jo_SQSP unpinned this topic