Migrating from Squarespace to Shopify

Hi there 🙂

Our team is working on migrating our main website from Squarespace to Shopify. I'm hoping to get some advice here about the migration process. I've through the posts in the community here but have not found what I was looking for. Apologies if there is a post answering those questions that I would have missed!

We do have a store on our website, but we don't have many products, so moving the store is not an issue for us. However, the main bulk of the website is pages and blogs, for a total of around 600 pages.

Here are my questions:

- how would you go about migrating an entire website from Squarespace to Shopify?

- I've heard about LitExtension, that would allow us to move our products and our blog. Do you have any experience with them migrating a blog?

- what about other pages (other than product pages and blogs). Is there a thrid-party tool that is available for that? Or any other method? Or are we better off re-creating everything manually?

Thanks a lot for your help, I look forward to hearing from you!

Quentin

• 1 month later...

I am also doing the same. I know Squarespace is clearly aware of how much its lacking in e-commerce compared to Shopify and they are not update or upgrading their site. I'm sure there are lots of people migrating as we are. Squarespace is unfortunately a complete dinosaur and it doesnt look like that will change.