Create Different Header on One Page

I would LOVE to learn how to change the header section for ONE page of my website, but I absolutely do not understand HTML coding. I see lots of answers in the Forum to similar questions that show all kinds of coding... I have no idea what all that means, where to put it, and what to do with it.

Is there a way to edit my header only on the one page that is simple, straightforward, and makes sense to a non-coder? In Microsoft Word, for example, I can create a document with a header, but then tell it to use a different header. Is there anything similar to that in SS???

Main page: www.exchangingrings.com (notice the header - which is terrible, but I don't know how to improve it - that is universal across all the pages on my site)

Unique page: www.exchangingrings.com/other-rituals (this is the page I want to have a different header)

Thanks very much,

Jeff

Hi Jeff. There's no way to do this without code. The simplest thing might be to use code to remove the header on that page, and then build out a new top section to mimic a header. 

To remove the header on that particular page, in the Pages menu click the Cog icon next to that page. In the pop up click Advanced then paste this into Page Header Injection

<style> 
  #header { 
    display: none;
  } 
</style>

Then you'd add a section at the top and manually build your new "header".

christyprice.com  🇺🇸 Austin, TX US 

Get my 100+ item Client Process Checklist for $17.
📔 Flourish Journal for Creative Entrepreneurs - 365 days of prompts
🎥 Watch Circle Live: Hello Income (feat. Christy Price and Jeremy Schwartz)
🎬 Watch It's Not Hard to Say Goodbye: Crafting Client Offboarding from Circle Day 2023

Ah, in that case, you'd want to paste this into Custom CSS.

#collection-64f8da2e62b1ec2afe1f174f #header {
}

The collection ID is specific to the page you'd like to remove the header from.

christyprice.com  🇺🇸 Austin, TX US 

Get my 100+ item Client Process Checklist for $17.
📔 Flourish Journal for Creative Entrepreneurs - 365 days of prompts
🎥 Watch Circle Live: Hello Income (feat. Christy Price and Jeremy Schwartz)
🎬 Watch It's Not Hard to Say Goodbye: Crafting Client Offboarding from Circle Day 2023

You can also edit that page > Add a Code Block (anywhere on page) > then use below code

16 hours ago, christyprice said:

Hi Jeff. There's no way to do this without code. The simplest thing might be to use code to remove the header on that page, and then build out a new top section to mimic a header. 

To remove the header on that particular page, in the Pages menu click the Cog icon next to that page. In the pop up click Advanced then paste this into Page Header Injection

<style> 
  #header { 
  } 
</style>

Then you'd add a section at the top and manually build your new "header".

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

• 3 months later...
5 hours ago, myleskarp said:

Is there a similarly easy way to do this with footers?

Use this code to Page Header/or Code Block to remove current footer, then design your new footer (use last section of page)

<style> 
  footer.sections { 
  } 
</style>

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)