When the hell will we get the option to make recurring events???

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

I would like to create a recurring event that happens once a day for three weeks, but does not happen on Mondays or Tuesdays. The tool in Squarespace has a beginning date and time and an end date and time. When you choose this, the event calendar includes events for the days of the week where the event does not take place. Is there any way to indicate the days and times for each time the event is repeated? This seems like a common need. Please help! 

16 hours ago, JimDalglish said:

I would like to create a recurring event that happens once a day for three weeks

Unfortunately, recurring events are not supported. 

About me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for over 18 yrs and a Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL, providing high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji below. Buying a coffee is optional.

Book paid help with domains: Connect a GoDaddy domain. Connect a Squarespace Domain. Domain assistance

• 2 months later...

I have been emailing/sending feedback for YEARS about when the hell will we get the option to create events as recurring. I have to make weekly events, with multiple being every week, all year. It is SO frustrating duplicating them, going into the event to get rid of when it says "(copy)", then scheduling it. I inevitably always do two on one date or skip a week while i'm doing it. why why why do they hate us. this seems like the most basic thing on the planet. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Solution
On 9/19/2023 at 1:01 PM, jakeRI said:

are there any workarounds? Any idea if they will ever implement this?

Recurring events aren't on the roadmap so this isn't a feature that you should expect to see anytime soon. 

As a workaround, Squarespace offers a duplication option so you can create an event and then duplicate it many times for different days/dates. There is an unwelcome admin overhead with this workaround, but it is the only built-in option available, and it's likely to remain this way.

If you need recurring events, I recommend looking for an alternative way of displaying them. That said, there aren't any free alternatives that live up to the Squarespace design aesthetic. Here are some ideas:

• Google Calendar is free and can be embedded into the website but the design isn't great, and that's why we all chose Squarespace, right?
  • Tockify syncs with Google Calendar (that supports recurring events) and can turn Google Calendar into an attractive events calendar but, like all third party options, it isn't cheap, unless you are willing to have their branding on it.
  • EventCalendarApp provides a beautiful event calendar that can be embedded in your Squarespace website but it's part of a larger solution that offers registration and ticketing options, so is comparatively expensive - more than your Squarespace subscription!

I'd love to hear from other users about their preferred solutions for recurring events.

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

Edited by paul2009
Added URL for Google Calendar

About me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for over 18 yrs and a Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL, providing high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji below. Buying a coffee is optional.

Book paid help with domains: Connect a GoDaddy domain. Connect a Squarespace Domain. Domain assistance

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Came here to +1 this feature rquest. Even something as "simple" as "Repeats every Sun|Mon|Tues|Wed|Thurs|Fri|Sat until X date" which then autocreates a bunch individual events would be a very warm welcome. 

I also have to make a calendar for the website of my social club. It is just so frustrating to see that Squarespace has one of the best design suites, yet this fundamental feature ist still missing... I also have to do it like Sarahelizabeth12. To basically create a new page for your website every time you have an upcoming event, reoccurring or not, just seems wasteful and is really tiring...

• 1 month later...

The other frustrating part of this is that you lose certain things when you duplicate an event. If you have forms attached to your events, then you have to re-input the email address they get sent to. Also the end time of the event often defaults to 1hr after start time. It's a real pain. PLEASE SQUARESPACE!

• 2 weeks later...

Here to once again amplify this request for a simple built-in feature to set up recurring calendar events. We recommend Squarespace to parishes in our diocese for their websites because of ease of use. We even have a website launch program where we set it up initially for them and then teach them to maintain it. But so many of them use their website for their events - weekly (and even daily) AA/NA meetings, weekly bible studies, weekly worship, once-a-month potlucks. It's one of their biggest recurring maintenance tasks to keep their sites current to add events to their calendars, but not being able to create recuring events is such a pain that it prevents them from even using the event calendar in the first place, which is one of their biggest needs. PPPPPLLLLLLLEEEEEAAASSSSEEEE. This is such a simple user-centered fix. 

20 minutes ago, cnydiocese said:

Here to once again amplify this request

This is a peer-to-peer forum where Squarespace users help other users. Squarespace doesn’t use this forum to track limitations or feature requests. If you'd like to raise this as a feature request, you are encouraged to contact Squarespace by raising a ticket through Squarespace Customer Support