Events page - separating past events and buttons

Hi!

I would like to display upcoming and past events on my site's event page. When I turn on "show past events" the default is separating past events from upcoming with a thin white line. I don't think it is noticeable enough and could be confusing to visitors. Is there a way I can add a "Past Events" heading above or below the white line? (Like I have done for "Upcoming Events" in the attached screenshots.)

There is also a "View Event" button appearing only for past events. Is there a way to either remove this button from past events or make it appear on all events so that it is consistent?

Here is a link to the page I am referencing: https://www.hartfordpresscoop.com/events

Thanks!

Screen Shot 2023-06-01 at 12.33.03 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-06-01 at 12.33.17 PM.png

Edited by knar
typo

This isn't a full solution but a start.

Add the following to Design > Custom CSS.

.eventlist--upcoming + .eventlist--past .eventlist-past-upcoming-divider {

height : 1.25em;

}

.eventlist--upcoming + .eventlist--past .eventlist-past-upcoming-divider::before {

content : 'Past Events';
  display : block;
  font-family : new-spirit;
  margin-top : 0.25em;

}

ScreenShot2023-06-02at1_14_27PM.png.3d8205b68a6b7214cf7441aa14333aad.png

Let us know how it goes.

Edited by creedon

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

On 6/1/2023 at 5:37 PM, knar said:

Is there a way I can add a "Past Events" heading above or below the white line?

You could try something like this:

.eventlist.eventlist--past hr::before {
  content: "Past Events";
  font-size: 56px;
  font-family: new-spirit;
  font-weight: 500;
}
.eventlist-past-upcoming-divider {
  padding-bottom: 90px;
  padding-top: 17px;
}

image.thumb.png.395f2376afde04ef97ce052e49d4d9b1.png

On 6/1/2023 at 5:37 PM, knar said:

There is also a "View Event" button appearing only for past events. Is there a way to either remove this button from past events

.eventlist-button.sqs-editable-button.sqs-button-element--primary {
  display: none;
}

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

About me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for over 18 yrs and a Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL, providing high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji below. Buying a coffee is optional.

Book paid help with domains: Connect a GoDaddy domain. Connect a Squarespace Domain. Domain assistance

• 1 month later...

Hi! Stupid questions maybe, but can I use the "Page Header Code Injection" under Advanced to make the changes to the event page (such as the above)? If I have to use Design > Custom CSS, where do I paste the code you suggested? Just anywhere in the "code box"? Many thanks! 

1 hour ago, JMJM said:

can I use the "Page Header Code Injection" under Advanced to make the changes to the event page (such as the above)? If I have to use Design > Custom CSS, where do I paste the code you suggested?

You can paste this directly into the Custom CSS panel. Squarespace are making changes to the navigation but it is currently in Design > Custom CSS. If the panel isn't empty, go to the very end, press enter to add a new line and then paste it.

About me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for over 18 yrs and a Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL, providing high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji below. Buying a coffee is optional.

Book paid help with domains: Connect a GoDaddy domain. Connect a Squarespace Domain. Domain assistance

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi @paul2009

I have added the past events title, and I would like to add now the upcoming events title. Could you help me with a code for that? 

events — Natalia Amelia Saied

Thanks!

On 1/22/2024 at 1:01 PM, nataliaamelia said:

Hi!
I have added the past events title, and I would like to add the same font and manner an upcoming events title. Could you help me with a code for that? 

events — Natalia Amelia Saied

Many thanks!

Edited by nataliaamelia
no reply added hashtag