Issue with Instagram feed block / connected accounts (Future off-Facebook activity error)

Hi everyone, 

I'm building a client website at the moment and wondering if anyone has encountered a similar issue? I am trying to put an Instagram 'block' into my page design so that there's a nice section showcasing the client's social media/images. And so to do this, I've tried 2 methods: 

• CONNECTED ACCOUNTS > Connect Account > Instagram (I am already logged into the client's instagram account). 
  • Alternatively, I have tried to do this in the EDIT mode on the page, by clicking the "ADD BLOCK > Instagram and following the prompts to connect the instagram account. 

Regardless of either method, I seem to be receiving an error message: "Your future off Facebook Activity is turned off". 

As such, I went into Facebook (I also have access to the client's Facebook page) but my Facebook is saying the contrary: In fact, my future off Facebook Activity is turned "ON" not off. 

I have tried disconnecting all accounts and reconnecting but with no luck. 

Has anyone else ever had this issue and know how to fix it? I'm currently using a different 3rd party piece of code as an interim solution but would ideally like to have this feature within Squarespace. 

Thank youuu!

Screenshot 2023-05-30 at 1.35.28 pm.png

Screenshot 2023-05-30 at 1.42.58 pm.png

• 10 months later...
  • Replies 2
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...