Favicon not appearing on Google Search results

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

I'm assuming the screenshot isn't related to your website (judging by the wordpress link)?

I'm 99.99% sure that's not something we can access in Squarespace. In saying that, you should only need to upload your icon to the browser icon in the Settings menu of your site.

My favicon is a 192x192 pixel png file and shows in the SERP:

image.thumb.png.d06ea9f177ef46fc516d61a880d42f35.png

If you've added your site to Google Search Console, you may need to login there and request Google to re-index your site - it may not have picked up the change yet.

Edited by CassAggett
Added GSC reference

If this helped you, please like or mark my solution as answer so others can scroll to it quickly 👆

Cass Aggett is a Squarespace website designer for go-getting women – no matter what stage of business.

WEBSITEINSTAGRAM

I don't recall to be honest as I wasn't actively looking for it. Can you see in GSC if the page has been reindexed yet? From memory there should be a date of last crawl (or similar).

If not yet I would give it a bit more time, but if it has since been crawled and still not appearing you could try uploading a larger size just in case?

If this helped you, please like or mark my solution as answer so others can scroll to it quickly 👆

Cass Aggett is a Squarespace website designer for go-getting women – no matter what stage of business.

WEBSITEINSTAGRAM

• 2 weeks later...

@alanp Squarespace has always resized favicons to 100x100. That said, they briefly stopped doing it earlier this year, but now seem to be resizing again. Regardless, the 100x100 will work fine.

Have SEO questions? Chances are we've written about it! Try a quick Google search to find our advice. Or for personalized support, see our consulting and training sessions.  Official Squarespace Experts since 2014 

• 2 weeks later...

image.png.a0a55dd1201ad6c736b0d84cba423235.png
The problem is this, the logo is there but it's white and I do not know how to change this, I have tried googeling it but there seems to be no solution. 
I have tried changing Favicon, but that only changes the little icon on the slide that opens, all the way up top. This logo is correct, which is weird. 
Anyone have any suggestions?

• 2 months later...

The persistent absence of a Squarespace icon on Google for three years (since 2020) is a glaring oversight that encapsulates why Squarespace trails Shopify in customer acquisition. Such neglect is not just a minor inconvenience; it's a vivid indicator of a company's disregard for customer experience and an omen for its future prospects.

I'd just typed out all of the below.

I then went to take a screen shot of my Favicon showing up in SERPS, and it's dissappeared again. WTF?

Guys, I promise I'm not being paid to say this.

If you look back over all the Faviocn related posts you'll see frustrated contributions from me.

About three weeks ago I signed up to https://app.seospace.co.uk, I think maybe even just the free trail at this point.

Anyway, after scanning my homepage and making the straightforward amendments, my Favicon was appearing in SERPS after the next Google Search Console refresh.

I'm pretty sure you can get a 7 day free trail, you have nothing to lose

• 3 months later...

Hi @Leticia,

I tried all of the usual methods and followed all of the tips on this forum, but it didn't work.

However, one day after randomly using (https://www.seospace.co.uk/) and ticking off everything on the list my Favico just randomly appeared. It could be a coincidence but it seems odd.

I promise I am in  no way affiliated with SEOspace, but this is what seemed to wrk for me.

Thanks

1 minute ago, UB_TOURING_JAPAN said:

I got the favicon to display in a Google Search result, and I am attaching a detailed visual process for you.

Sqspace_favicon_Google_Search_results.jpg

Due to Squarespace forum file type restrictions, I created a jpg of my ppt. Download the jpg and view it with an app on your PC to zoom in so you can read the document.