Favicon not appearing on Google Search results

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

• 1 month later...

I said this before on another thread. I battled with this issue for months, then (having given up) I was randomly using SEO Space, just to try and get every other aspect of my site up to scratch,  and low and behold, the favicon randomly appeared. I promise you I am nota associated with SEO SPACE.

On 4/3/2024 at 11:04 AM, Duckling said:

Hi! 

I have been reading all updates on this issue, and I've updated my favicon to include an image of 144x144px yet it's not showing on organic search results. Can it be a matter of time and if so, is there anything I can do to make it go faster?

The site is: https://www.duckling.dk/

image.png.96493c4a5f9dc7a259141a7319123bc5.png

Hi Duckling,
I see on Google that you solved the favicon issue for your website. What did you do in the end? Which solution worked?
Thanks in advance!

Never mind. I solved this issue by following @paul2009 advice. One note only, you need to keep your favicon image size under 100px otherwise Squrespace will automatically resize it to 100px and it won't be picked up by Google as Google need a multiple of 48px square. So your size must be 48x48px or 96 x 96px.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @AlexOnBoard at this time Google has no issues with favicons resized to 100px. For more info, we have articles on favicon best practices and Squarespace favicons.

Edited by Collaborada
clarity

Have SEO questions? Chances are we've written about it! Try a quick Google search to find our advice. Or for personalized support, see our consulting and training sessions.  Official Squarespace Experts since 2014