Hi everyone,
I built a squarespace website for my client and explained him how he could easily make changes to his website content himself. However, everytime he goes into the edit mode the lay out shifts... buttons, space between text and buttons, images... it all slightly moves. Is there anyway to prevent this from happening? I have not been able to find a solution anywhere..
Thanks in advance!
  • Replies 2
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, WanderlustCreativeStudio said:

However, everytime he goes into the edit mode the lay out shifts... buttons, space between text and buttons, images... it all slightly moves. Is there anyway to prevent this from happening? I have not been able to find a solution anywhere..

This is the biggest bug with Squarespace's Fluid Engin grid editor, it doesn't happen on every website, but there are quirks that shift the layout, it's a big problem and one I and many others have wanted to be fixed by now.

I don't have a great solution for you, and sometimes when changing small bits of text I have to fix the desktop and mobile layout when that shouldn't be necessary. I can cope with it, but it makes handing off to clients far more awkward then it should be, and I inevitably have to jump back in to help (often at no change, as zero-cost self-maintenance is one of the selling points of Squarespace).

Apologies for this being more of a rant than a help....

Please like and upvote if my comments were helpful to you. Cheers!

Zygmunt Spray
Squarespace Website Designer
Contact me: 
https://squarefortytwo.com 
Hire me on Upwork!

🔌 Ghost Squarespace Plugins (Referral link)
📈 SEO Space (Referral link)
 SquareWebsites Plugins (Referral link)
 🔲 SQSP Themes (Referral link) 
Spark Plugin (Referral link) 

Did I help? Buy me a coffee?

• 7 months later...