Connecting to Network Solutions Domain

Hello!

I'm hoping that someone could possibly provide some insight (or even peace of mind) for me since I haven't had any luck with Squarespace support. I followed the steps that Squarespace provided for CONNECTING my Network Solutions Domain (I even had a Network Solutions support rep assist me directly with the setup and they confirmed that all info was entered correctly). Once the support rep finished entering the details, I saw the "Connected" status in my DNS settings shortly after. However, once I refreshed the page, I received a "DNS Error" in the DNS settings and that status has not changed since (screenshots attached). In the Squarespace directions, they do indicate that an error message in the DNS settings as well as the SSL Certificate not being available might be normal to see during the propagation timeframe of 24-72 hours so I haven't made any adjustments.

I started the connection process on a Thursday in hopes that the process would be completed by Monday (today) at the very latest. I am wondering if Saturdays/Sundays are considered "business days" during the propagation process and if the error messages are to be expected during that time OR if there is additional action that needs to be taken to ensure that the connection is completed correctly. If weekend days are included, then it will have been 4 days/96 hours since starting. If they are not, then I assume that I will have to check back tomorrow, Tuesday, since that would be considered the 3 day/72 hour mark.

My site has been down for almost a week and I want to be sure that there will be no further issues moving forward. However, since Squarespace does not offer phone support, I'm not able to receive any verbal assistance to review that everything has been setup properly prior to receiving a confirmation. Their support team also seems to be mostly consisted of bots so I haven't had any success in getting an answer to my question of if weekend days are considered in the propagation time-frame. 

Any insight on this issue would be extremely appreciated! Thank you in advance!

Edited by CCSam
  • Replies 1
  • Views 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

When you choose to connect the domain from within Squarespace, it looks like you choose the Nameserver Connect option which means that, going forward, your DNS records will be hosted on Squarespace instead of Network Solutions. Unfortunately, the Squarespace servers aren't responding to DNS requests for your domain at the moment, so I recommend that you contact Squarespace Customer Care directly.

Let us know how you get on.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.