I cannot edit my footer

For some reason the edit footer button on my home page or any of my pages will not allow me to click it to begin editing it. I'm not sure why this one specific place isn't allowing me to click it. Please help me. Thank you I love you.

• 2 weeks later...

I am having the same issue on my site. When I hover towards the bottom of the page the "Add Footer" box appears. If I click it the "Edit Footer" box appears but is inactive upon clicking it. There appears no way to add a footer back after removing it previously.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/3/2023 at 5:33 AM, tuanphan said:

Hi,

Can you take a quick video of problem? We can check easier

Hi, I see this is still an issue today so I went ahead and recorded a video of the issue. Hoping this can be resolved soon. There is no custom code on my site.

Edited by balcombits

Please post the URL for a page on your site where we can see your issue.

A link to the backend of the your site won’t work for us, i.e. a url that contains /config/.

Please set up a site-wide password, if your site is not public and you've not already done so.

Post the password here.

Adding a site-wide password does not allow anyone to alter your site. It only allows those with the password to see your site.

Please read the site-wide password and how to share a link documentation to understand how they work.

We can then take a look at your issue.

You may find How to post a forum question post useful.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

• 1 month later...

I  continue to have this problem. There is no site wide footer to my site.

When scrolling to the bottom of any page and attempting  to click "Edit Footer" button, nothing happens. I have switchedd browsers  from safari  and chrome...no difference.

Any suggestions on how to get site wide template footer to appear or be able to edit?

Edited by GMG_Consulting
spelling
  • 1 month later...

I deleted the footer section and I tried to make it again, but I couldn't.

This keeps popping up like an image underneath, and no matter how much I press Edit Footer, nothing pop up that I can add a section. Could you help me to add footer?image.thumb.png.6f43946459be8baaccc298019ca0ea4e.png

Edited by JSK12
  • 6 months later...
12 hours ago, Leyna said:

Help!

I cannot change my "footer" which is apparently neither a footer nor a pre-footer. I can change bother of those. I am trying to update my address see attached.

Screenshot 2023-11-16 at 12.44.50 PM.png

Which template do you use? and what is your site url? Recently I helped a member, and they need to changed it in Settings

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)