Amazon product integration on my product page shows book image way too big

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

Hi,

In addition to physical books of mine that I have for sale on my website, I would like to display an Amazon Kindle novelette I wrote, which I've only made available as an Amazon ebook. Ideally, it would be an image the same size as my other books, but when the customer clicks, it takes her directly to the Amazon page. My only options are a physical copy that goes into the cart or a digital copy which requires me to make a digital file available. I used the Amazon integration tool but it does not integrate visually onto my product page and instead shows up in the footer as an enormous image of the jacket, which I cannot resize. Looking for help. Thanks.

Edited to include address for page in question: https://www.ashleyshelby.com/books

Edited by Ashley77
Website wasn't showing up
18 hours ago, Ashley77 said:

In addition to physical books of mine that I have for sale on my website, I would like to display an Amazon Kindle novelette I wrote, which I've only made available as an Amazon ebook.

The first step will be to add this eBook as a 'product' on your store page. By adding it as a product - with the title, image and the price - it will appear on the product list page, alongside the other physical products.

When users click on this product, they'll be sent to the product detail page (PDP). Once you've added this product, we can suggest some code to customise the page by removing the Add to Cart button and replacing it with a 'Buy eBook on Amazon' link.

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer. I did create a physical product page for the ebook but am not sure how to integrate a Buy eBook on Amazon link. I'm afraid I know nothing about coding. Editing to add the link to the book on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0C1V8JCRB and the link to the book's product page: https://www.ashleyshelby.com/books/the-archivist-of-third-chance

Edited by Ashley77
Added links
2 hours ago, Ashley77 said:

I did create a physical product page for the ebook

Great!

Next step, can you edit the product description by adding a couple of blank lines and then adding the text "Buy eBook from Amazon" (or your preferred caption)?

Please hyperlink this text (see below) so that it links to your purchase link on Amazon (I don't know the URL).

image.gif.001882c13c93a60a79494228380008da.gif

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Thank you for making this so easy and for being to generous with your time and expertise. I've done what you suggested and it does link directly to my page on Amazon. Thank you! Is there any way to make the hyperlink into a button?

Also I notice I still have the Add to Cart button. I am unable to figure out how to delete that, so right now someone could actually add this "book" to their cart. Are there other steps I should be taking having completed this one? Thank you!

https://www.ashleyshelby.com/books/the-archivist-of-third-chance

• Solution
9 minutes ago, Ashley77 said:

I've done what you suggested and it does link directly to my page on Amazon. Thank you! Is there any way to make the hyperlink into a button?

Sure @Ashley77. For the styling, try adding this to Design > Custom CSS:

.ProductItem[data-item-id="643300aa254c0f6e822ced1d"] a[href^="https://www.amazon.com/dp"] {
  border-width: 2px;
  border-style: solid;
  font-family: proxima-nova;
  font-weight: 600;
  font-style: normal;
  font-size: 10px;
  letter-spacing: .2em;
  padding: 25px 46px;
  text-transform: uppercase;
}

.ProductItem[data-item-id="643300aa254c0f6e822ced1d"] .ProductItem-details { 
  .sqs-add-to-cart-button-wrapper,
  .product-mark.sold-out, .product-quantity-input {
    display:none;
  }
}

The first section should style the Amazon link as a button.

The second section should hide the Add to Cart button, the 'Sold Out' label (if shown) and the Quantity selector (if shown).

Here's an example with and without the CSS above:

image.gif.1db7ace4c81bc9a6d8c55b7396c2e88d.gif

Let me know how you get on 🙂.

Edited by paul2009

12 minutes ago, Ashley77 said:

Thank you so very much!

You're so welcome 😀

• 2 months later...
5 hours ago, cherrypiejay said:

it isn't working for me, however, they're using Squarespace 7.0

Yes, this was provided for version 7.1. You’ll need to adjust it for a version 7.0 template as every 7.0 template is different. Please follow the guide above (without adding the CSS) and then provide a link to the page so we can take a look. 

• 1 month later...
19 hours ago, Jenell said:

We are looking for this exact solution but are on version 7.0.  Do you have any ideas how to apply this solution to our version?

As you have the Product Waitlist feature enabled, you may want to try this instead:

.ProductItem[data-item-id="64de28e1c47649745ed0bd3c"] p a[href^="https://www.amazon.com/dp"] {
  border-width: 2px;
  border-style: solid;
  font-family: proxima-nova;
  font-weight: 600;
  font-style: normal;
  font-size: 10px;
  letter-spacing: .2em;
  padding: 17px 34px;
  text-transform: uppercase;
}

.ProductItem[data-item-id="64de28e1c47649745ed0bd3c"] .product-mark.sold-out {
  display:none;
}

.product-restock-notification[data-product-id="64de28e1c47649745ed0bd3c"] {
  display:none!important;
}

image.png.8f7f2bb7172e8fbbe3e9590ce5375838.png

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there @paul2009! I'm hoping you can help me with this as well 🙂 I'm trying to add the code but am having trouble. I'd like to get the products on this site to link to an email address (info@blackbookstyle.com), so clients can book an appointment directly. The site is below - any help would be greatly appreciated! 

https://blackbookstyle.com/dress-rentals/p/lilia-stogova-silver-cape-gown-fits-size-us-8-10-

1 hour ago, garlandehaney said:

I'd like to get the products on this site to link to an email address

@garlandehaney Please see this thread as the principle is the same:

• 2 weeks later...

Will this change the style of the cart button for all of the items in the store? 

We have some of our items are available to order direct from us and others available on Amazon. 

I can't seem to be able to do this for an individual product. I don't see an option to add the code. CSS is not something I am fluent in.

main store page: https://storymonsters.com/store

book available on Amazon: https://storymonsters.com/store/desertfriends-secondedition

Thanks

• 3 months later...

Hi @paul2009 I hope you can help! I have tried to do the above as I need a link to go out to a separate website rather than add to cart for my products too. I think the problem with copying and pasting the exacy code is that I need my individual product ID number and i have no idea how to find this?

Hope you are able to help, the site isn't currently live as I am working on it behind the scenes with a new theme.

Cheers!

Em

: )

3 hours ago, emilyforgot said:

Hope you are able to help, the site isn't currently live as I am working on it behind the scenes with a new theme.

Hi @emilyforgot

To provide specific advice, I'll need to be able to view the webpage.

I am not sure what you mean when you say "working on it behind the scenes with a new theme.". Does this mean you are previewing a new template in Squarespace 7.0? If yes, you won't be able to provide an accurate link. However, if you're just building a new site then you should be able to provide a link to the page. My guide, How to Post a Forum Question should help to explain 🙂.

Alternatively, if you find it difficult to obtain the product number, another alternative would be to add a Code Block to the Additional Information section of the product and paste a version of the code there.

Paul

• 2 months later...