Adding products to different sections of the main navigation

Hi Squarespace team,

We are reaching out because we have some questions regarding the commerce feature of your platform.

We have been working on our website through Squarespace- creating  different pages as well as product blocks for our vendors, however, we are having trouble finding a way to add these all together in our main navigation under our  “women”, “men” and “home” sections. We wanted to inquire about the options we have to make this happen. We were also wondering whether if a third party extension would be necessary to achieve this

We look forward to your prompt response. Thank you.

Best,
Edit38 NY

• Replies 5
  • Views 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello,

Thank you for your response. However, we are actually looking for an option to add multiple (different) vendor's products onto a single commerce/shopping page, similar to the below example from Net-A-Porter, so that we can offer a mix of merchandise from different brands under different categories (i.e.: women's shirts from 5 different brands). Currently, we can only have shops with merchandise from a single brand, but we cannot mix them all together. Is there a  way to do this, or a third-party plug-in or app that we can utilize?

Thank you,
Edit38

Capture.PNG

6 minutes ago, edit38ny said:

we are actually looking for an option to add multiple (different) vendor's products onto a single commerce/shopping page, similar to the below example

You can add up to 10,000 products to a single store page and categorise them according to brands if required. Can you explain the issue you are experiencing? What isn't working when you try to add a product from a different supplier?

Links to the page(s) and screenshots of your site will help us to understand the context.

About me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for over 18 yrs and a Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL, providing high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji below. Buying a coffee is optional.

Book paid help with domains: Connect a GoDaddy domain. Connect a Squarespace Domain. Domain assistance

We carry different brands and would like to be able to add products from these different brands onto a single shopping page in the "Women", "Men", "Accessories", and "Home" categories. Currently, we are only able to have individual shops, and we can't figure out how to mix products from the different shops onto a single shopping page. For example, we carry women's products from the brands Basader, Big Z & Co. and NMB New York, and we want to create a single multi-vendor shopping page where all of these products can be viewed.  Can you explain how to do this?

image.thumb.png.411e23e380dbba7d553a70c2be0d8064.png

image.png

Just now, edit38ny said:

Currently, we are only able to have individual shops, and we can't figure out how to mix products from the different shops onto a single shopping page.

Thanks for the additional information.

This is usually solved by creating a single store page, instead of multiple store pages. The single store page can then show a mix of products from any brand. Also, if you want to show a single brand, you can filter the contents of the store to show a single category to the user.

About me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for over 18 yrs and a Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL, providing high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji below. Buying a coffee is optional.

Book paid help with domains: Connect a GoDaddy domain. Connect a Squarespace Domain. Domain assistance