Minimizing browser creates distortion in web pages

Hello,

No password

I was wondering why images and buttons in a web page shift when making a web browser smaller (ie. moving one browser to the left side of the desktop to simultaneously have another program open on the right side). 

This is the page when the browser is full-screen:
Screenshot 2023-03-06 at 12.40.13 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-03-06 at 12.48.41 AM.png

This is an example of what happens when the page is made smaller:
Screenshot 2023-03-06 at 12.46.21 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-03-06 at 12.46.24 AM.png

Does this mean that starting a web page with a 'blank page' and then adding elements (images, buttons, etc) will cause distortions in the page? 
Are custom designs on Squarespace unsupported? Right now we have Squarespace 7.1 with the new Fluid Engine function.

Hope this is easy to understand as it's complicated to explain.

Thank you!
  • Replies 2
  • Views 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, taknee said:

I was wondering why images and buttons in a web page shift when making a web browser smaller

Squarespace's built-in responsive design resizes your content and images to fit different devices and screen widths. For more details, see Responsive design.

You may also find it helpful to read Editing your site with Fluid Engine.

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

Me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for >18 yrs & Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL. We provide high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji. Buying a coffee is generous but optional.

Would you like your customers to be able to mark their favourite products in your Squarespace store?

@paul2009 Thank you for the articles! I read through them and I saw elements of the page I could change. I made a test page with Squarespace buttons instead of the image buttons I used previously and I have the same problem. The main issue being that the buttons on the page jump around the page when the browser is made smaller.

Here is the link to the test page: https://burgundy-jaguar-fltk.squarespace.com/sundayopinion-2015-1

Is there something that I may be missing in terms of the use of the buttons?

Thank you!