Simple calendar view to show when rental property is booked?

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

Hi there! We use squarespace for direct bookings of our rental property. These are done via a simple form submission. We manage our booking calendar manually and would love to display a simple calendar block that also shows when the property is booked/free. Any suggestions or solutions? It seems like now I would need to link each booking to a separate event, which would require its own page. I don't want to have to create event pages for each customer booking if I don't have to. Many thanks in advance for any assistance!

• Solution
26 minutes ago, CasaDuna said:

We use squarespace for direct bookings of our rental property. These are done via a simple form submission. We manage our booking calendar manually and would love to display a simple calendar block that also shows when the property is booked/free.

There are a number of third party solutions available that you can embed in your Squarespace website. For example, there are booking tools like Lodgify that allow users to book the property themselves online as well as many manual calendar services like Google Calendar.

If you want to use the tools built into Squarespace, you can create a hidden Events page to store the bookings. Simply add a new event for each confirmed booking (call it 'Booked'?). If you add a Calendar Block to a public page on your website, visitors will be able to see when it is booked and when it is free.

Please post back if you need more information.

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 1 year later...

Hi! I'm also working on the calendar inside squarespace to set up an availability calendar but I don't want the dates and times to show when someone moves the cursor over it.  I did pick up a code so the calendar did not move to an event page but the dates and times are confusion.  Do you have a code I could use to eliminate the date and time so it just says booked?  See the screenshot to see what I mean.  Thanks so much for your help. 

Screenshot 2024-04-05 at 6.46.32 PM.png

11 hours ago, Schenkliving said:

Do you have a code I could use to eliminate the date and time so it just says booked?

Yes, sure @Schenkliving. You can add the following to Custom CSS:

/* Hide dates on calendar flyouts */
.flyoutitem .flyoutitem-datetime {
  display: none;
}

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

2 hours ago, paul2009 said:

2 hours ago, paul2009 said:

/* Hide dates on calendar flyouts */
.flyoutitem .flyoutitem-datetime {
  display: none;
}

Thanks so much Paul! That works so much better now for me. 

• 2 weeks later...

This is so helpful!! @paul2009 I'm interested in the Lodgify integration + seeing how that works with Squarespace! Do you have any example sites where I could see how that worked? 

Also curious--what is the best way to operate when a client has multiple rental properties. Is there a way for availability to all be on the same calendar (and switch from property to property with a toggle)? Or would that require a separate events page and calendar for each property (if we did it directly through squarespace)?

Thank you for your help!!