Changing email notifications for a single site, not all my clients' sites

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

Hi everyone ~ I'm an editor on a new e-commerce site (selling a verycool herbal aid to make coffee healthier/feel better).

I'm now getting email notifications whenever someone buys a bottle of their product, Morning Spruce. It's nice to know this lovely product and lovely site are working -- but how do I stop receiving these?

The instructions at https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/articles/205811288  have me click through to a small notifications window, where I'm not able to select which site should notify me about what. It seems to be universal, across all sites I run, edit, design, or whatever.

Example: I don't want to receive Morning Spruce Caffeine Aid purchase notifications related to the Alpine Mind Organics site. However, I have my own e-commerce products at (the not very well designed site) tiffanyleebrown.com , and I certainly can't turn those off—because then who's going to give stressed-out people Tarot readings during the holidays? 🙂

I'm running a few other sites which don't currently use e-commerce but may in future. Someone here undoubtedly knows the trick. Can you help me find it?

• Solution
On 12/12/2022 at 5:14 PM, tiffanyleebrown said:

I'm an editor on a new e-commerce site. I'm now getting email notifications whenever someone buys a bottle of their product...how do I stop receiving these?

If you are a Site Owner, Administrator or a Store Manager on a site then, by default, you will receive the merchant notification emails that are sent out when a customer places an order.

You can disable these on a site-by-site basis by going to your notification settings in your profile settings in your account dashboard (click here to go straight there).

When you have access to more than one Squarespace site, you'll need to find the relevant site in the INDIVIDUAL SETTINGS list (shown below at the bottom of the window).

image.thumb.png.495922e51a3dce21af91735f6a9078ad.png

Also highlighted above are the Default Preferences. This allows you to change the default setting so that whenever you are added to a new client site, you are automatically opted out (or in) to store notifications.

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

Edited by paul2009
formatting

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

On 12/14/2022 at 12:09 AM, paul2009 said:

If you are a Site Owner, Administrator or a Store Manager on a site then, by default, you will receive the merchant notification emails that are sent out when a customer places an order.

You can disable these on a site-by-site basis by going to your notification settings in your profile settings in your account dashboard (click here to go straight there).

When you have access to more than one Squarespace site, you'll need to find the relevant site in the INDIVIDUAL SETTINGS list (shown below at the bottom of the window).

This is great, thank you! Not sure how I hadn't found this one previously.

If this helped you, please like or mark my solution as answer so others can scroll to it quickly 👆

Cass Aggett is a Squarespace website designer for go-getting women – no matter what stage of business.

WEBSITEINSTAGRAM

On 12/15/2022 at 10:35 AM, CassAggett said:

Not sure how I hadn't found this one previously.

You're not alone! So many users cannot find this setting because it is buried pretty deep in the dashboard. I'd like to see a link to this notifications page from with a site's UI too as it would make it easier to find.

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 3 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, JohanBeijer said:

Can I stop the order notifications from arriving to my mail?

See the answer above.

1 hour ago, JohanBeijer said:

If I turn the function off is that just for me?

Yes. These settings affect your account, not the site. 

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, alhardy said:

I did a site for someone and notifications are coming to my email

See the answer above.

9 minutes ago, alhardy said:

how can i get the email notification to go the the clients email? 

If the client has an Administrator or Store Owner account on the website, they should already be receiving the email notifications. If they are not, one of three things may have happened:

• The emails are going to their spam folder
  • The client has disabled the notifications in their account panel (as described above)
  • Squarespace placed previously attempted to send a notification to their email address but it failed to send. In such circumstances, Squarespace mark the email address as 'bad' and don't send further emails. You can contact Squarespace Customer Care to see if the email address is on their 'bounce list'.

If this helps, please let me know by clicking one of the icons below.

Edited by paul2009

• 10 months later...
14 minutes ago, Helen0808 said:

Is there a way to turn notifications off for the other administrators of the site...rather than them figuring out how to do it themselves?

No. They must do it themselves.