Header and Footer Issue

38 minutes ago, janinevanbree1990 said:

Hello! My footer also disappeared and my header is also different.. Could this be to the partial outage? I see on that site that everything is operational now?

I am having the same issues: the header is different and the footer completely disappeared. I haven't changed anything on my website or the CSS for that matter. Does anybody have an idea what is going on? Help!

Help! For some reason our header has become unformatted? When I select the correct format again it seems to adjust, but as soon as I hit save, it changes back to this odd looking format. 

Does anyone have any advice?  The pink version is what we DON'T want - the black and white one is the way it should be. 

Thanks

Screenshot 2022-11-11 at 11.42.29.png

Screenshot 2022-11-11 at 11.42.47.png

Password: maria

Hi, I've just been onto customer service. Squarespace has another bug. It's hiding headers and footers and changing colours again. It's majorly impacting my business and delaying launches! Customer service say there's nothing they can do but wait for the bug to be fixed.

I'm feeling very frustrated as I advertise my launches, and I am having to backtrack, which won't instil confidence in clients about Squarespace. I publish 6-10 websites a month for clients, and so i don't really have the option to be delayed or have websites go down. 

Anyone else in the same boat?

Poppy

Good morning!

I recently used a CSS code I found on here to create a splash screen before my homepage. Everything went well yesterday and there were no display issues.

But today I noticed my header background turned white and my footer disappeared even though it still appears in my dashboard. 

I tried to reverse the header to the original color (a salmon pink) and it appears at first in the dashboard but once I save it it still appears as white on the visitors' side and the footer disappeared as well.

Any ideas of what went wrong? Here is the code I used (I removed it for now and I still have the same issues).

<script src="https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/2.2.0/jquery.min.js"></script>
<div class="logoload"></div>
<style>
.logoload {
  /* SET BACKGROUND COLOR */
  background-color: #fff;
  /* SET BACKGROUND SIZE */
  background-size: 600px;
  position: fixed;
  left: 0px;
  top: 0px;
  width: 100%;
  height: 100%;
  z-index: 9999;
  background-position: center;
  background-repeat: no-repeat;
  background-image: url("https://s4.gifyu.com/images/gifcde42ed456e782a8.gif");
}
</style>
<script type="text/javascript">
$(window).load(function() {
    $(".logoload").delay(8000).fadeOut("slow");
})
</script>

Thank you.

Edited by A1Protocol
1 minute ago, FleurEllemieke said:

does anyone know when this problem will be fixed?

No, but you can subscribe to updates on the incident page.

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Hi All,

This morning randomly my logo is now stuck on the left hand side and is hiding other elements such as social buttons.. Editing the layout changes it but then automatically it gets stuck back on the left. Deleting all css code also does not solve the problem. The header layout changes when you go on the layout editor, but once  you save it just reverts back to being stuck on the left? Any ideas?

Logo 1.jpg

Logo 2.jpg

Hi so I logged in and saw my header change colors from white to blue in front of my eyes and doesn't want to change back so I checked and all my colors are correct and so on but I take the opacity down it switches back to white and then when I save and it pops to the side the header is blue again and is blue on the live site aswell and my clients logo is blue and yellow so I don't understand how to fix this.

There was me spending hours trying to change back to the original colour and position of the header and footer (thinking I had done something wrong). Was going to launch my site today after receiving a discount code. But if I cannot publish the site in the way I want it to, what is the point of having a discount. What a waste of time so far

Hi! 

In edit mode I can see my footer, but when I save changes the footer disappears on both desktop and mobil. 

Also, I have the cart icon turned on, but for some reason it also disappears once I save. I go to edit header (cart icon is turned on) plenty of room for margins- so i turn the cart off then back on again - it shows up in edit mode but then once I save it disappears again. 

both of these things were visible on my site for the longest time while I was building it, and all i did was edit a text box and then they disappeared

help?! 

footer.jpg

missing cart.jpg

cart in edit mode back on.png

Hi

I am unable to change and save the site header on my website.  I can use the 'Edit Site Header' tools to make the changes but once I click save the design reverts back to how it was before

I had the design set up so the logo was centred with menu items below.  The logo reverts to the left, menu items on the right and the cart has disappeared entirely

I have tried deleting all the code from custom css.

https://xantheanna.uk/

Please help !

My background color for my header menu should be white with light blue links when in its initial position before scrolling. It has changed to a dark blue bg instead and the socila media icons are missing.

It is stylized it correctly in the global settings and have custom css — but that does not seem to be in conflict.

HELP!

Hey!

I have a really weird glitch on my site. The website footer is gone and sometimes randomly appears on some pages of my site. Same thing happens to the social icons in my header. Do you guys have an idea why that happens? I already tried deactivating custom CSS, didn't help...

Cheers