• Views 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

35 minutes ago, Aimee918 said:

Site URL: http://www.aimeebruneau.com

Yikes!

I tried to embed the booking flow for Square Appointments in my cover page by injecting code and it triggered a bunch of blinking. I deleted it between blinks and now my site wont load - it automatically forwards to the lame Square scheduling page  - even though I deleted the code. 

Any ideas?

Newbie, obviously....

Aimée

Square and Squarespace are two different companies. You want to find the Square forums. 

4 minutes ago, sayreambrosio said:

Square and Squarespace are two different companies. You want to find the Square forums. 

Sayreambrosio - 

I realize that. I injected code from Square (Appointments) into my Squarespace site. 

Now my website won't load - it autoforwards to Square Appointments, even though I deleted the code. 

Squarespace blinked a bunch while I was trying to delete the code. 

Aimée

@Aimee918 Gotcha. I checked the site and it loaded fine. I may have misunderstood ya though. When I checked it just now, the site loaded right up and I was able to click on the book a consultation button and it opened the booking site.

Are you trying to keep it all on the same page in Squarespace instead of opening the booking button in a new tab? Just want to make sure I follow.

P.S. I checked mobile and desktop and same result of it working as I was expect it to.

1 minute ago, Aimee918 said:

Wait a sec - you are seeing this?

Screen Shot 2022-09-02 at 10.32.51 PM.png

Yup. And when I click on the button to book a consult it does open up a new page that is your booking page and would allow me to book.

I have Square for payments and was just about to sign up for their free tier to test it. If you want to share the code you used I can try it on my demo account and see if it's account or editor related.

Just now, Aimee918 said:

Looks like my plea to tech came through!

I see the right page now, too. 

You're fantastic to reach back. Thank you.

You're welcome. I just tested the actual embed as well on my demo site and it worked just fine. I used the Widget code and a code block on the page. and that keeps it all on your Squarespace site if you were originally going for that. It may have just been a glitch.

5 minutes ago, Aimee918 said:

I appreciate the assist! 

I have never seen my Squarespace editor jump around like that before. And it lasted for a few hours.

I'm relieved. And also grateful to you for support.

Have a great night!

Glad I was able to help. Have an awesome night and weekend. 🙂