Client subscriptions cancelled immediately due to insufficient funds with no retry

I'm having an issue where my clients subscriptions are being cancelled immediately if there are insufficient funds in their nominated account. Squarespace does not retry any number of times to acquire the funds, but simply cancels the subscription. This has occurred a number of times now, and since a new subscription has to be made every time this happens I am hoping there is a way to override this?

I'm using Stripe as the payment processor. Apologies if this is an easy fix or a common problem, I have searched high and low for an answer to this but can't find anything about it.

• Replies 1
  • Views 888
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, SaturnAscend said:

I'm having an issue where my clients subscriptions are being cancelled immediately if there are insufficient funds in their nominated account. Squarespace does not retry any number of times to acquire the funds, but simply cancels the subscription.

This is not the way that Squarespace subscriptions work. If a subscription payment fails, you and the customer should receive an email notification about the failed payment. The customer is provided with a link to allow them to update their billing information so that the payment can be attempted again.

The charge will be attempted two more times over a period of 10 days. The subscription should only be canceled if the payment fails three times within that 10 day period.

If this is not happening, I recommend you contact Squarespace Customer Care.

About me: I'm Paul. A SQSP User for 18 yrs, I joined Circle when it launched in 2016 and have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL, providing expertise and extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee fuels my work.

Book paid help with a Squarespace Domain