Starting a New Site with a New Domain Name

Hi, there! I just bought a new domain name via Squarespace and I'd like to design a new site under that domain name. I already have one domain registered with Squarespace and the site attached to it is already up and running. I'd like to get started on building the new site with the new domain name, but I'm a little confused as to how to go about it. Does that make sense? How do I make sure that the new site I want to build is created under the proper domain name? 

7 minutes ago, Megan_Leigh said:

How do I make sure that the new site I want to build is created under the proper domain name? 

Ensure you are logged on to Squarespace using the same account and then start a new trial. You can do this from your account panel - there's a create website button in the top-right corner.

When you are ready, log on to the newly created website and connect your domain in Settings > Domains.

Edited by paul2009

Me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for >18 yrs & Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL. We provide high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji. Buying a coffee is generous but optional.

So, I ran into some more trouble. When I go to connect the new site to my new domain, I get this message (see first attached image). I'm not sure which set of instructions to use, and when I try what I think is the right thing (Connect Domain), I get a blank page that gives me no options for where to make the connection (see other attached image). I should note that I'm in the trial phase for the new site I'm building — I don't know if that makes a difference. This is turning out to be a lot more difficult than I thought it would be. Help?

Screen Shot 2022-06-27 at 6.19.40 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-06-27 at 6.27.37 PM.png

The domain skindii.com is currently connected to the site megan-dorko-wcpx.squarespace.com. If you want to use it on a different site instead, see Moving a domain to another Squarespace site.

Me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for >18 yrs & Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL. We provide high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji. Buying a coffee is generous but optional.

• 1 month later...