How to combine "Physical" and "Digital download" properties in one product card?

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

• Solution
11 hours ago, unt1tled said:

How can I make it so that when you specify Digital Instruction in Inventory Variants, during Checkout it would be perceived as a Digital product and you would not need to specify a shipping address?

When you create a product, you must choose a product type - physical, service or digital. All variants of the product must be the same product type. If you selling physical and digital products, you will need to add them as separate products, not variants of the same product.

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 1 year later...
On 5/22/2022 at 8:10 PM, paul2009 said:

When you create a product, you must choose a product type - physical, service or digital. All variants of the product must be the same product type. If you selling physical and digital products, you will need to add them as separate products, not variants of the same product.

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

Are there any plans to create a physical plus digital category? I also have a product that has digital and physical components. It's pretty limited having such specific categories. Even being able to add a shipping option to digital OR a link upload option to physical would help. Not overly impressed right now.

• 2 weeks later...

same problem here.

i have a physical CD for sale, and the digital download.

apparently one must have to list two separate products: the digital product, and the physical product....and if I had a vinyl LP I would have to add THAT separately as well. Rather than ONE product, three versions to choose from.

very frustrating indeed