distribution: how to use a distributor NOT integrated with SquareSpace

Hi -- I'm just getting started with SquareSpace (really, I haven't started yet...) BUT, I'll be setting up a very small e-commerce site. I'll be selling only 2 physical products (hard and soft cover book) and I'm going to use a local business to do the distribution (lower cost, like keeping it small-town). 

All they need from me, for each order, is a csv file, with a few pieces of information, attached to an email.

Has anyone done something like this? I know there are numerous SquareSpace integrations with various distribution services, but I don't think those will do me any good. Not sure what the best approach will be. Custom code? Squarespace API? (perhaps those are synonymous -- I've not checked out the API yet...)

Any input welcome!

Thanks,

Carol

• Replies 1
  • Views 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, CarolM said:

I'm going to use a local business to do the distribution [of 2 physical products]. All they need from me, for each order, is a csv file, with a few pieces of information, attached to an email.

Do you have the full technical specification of this csv file (or csv files) from the distributor? The technical details of these "few pieces of information" will be crucial in determining whether it is possible.

Unless the company has already built a Squarespace API integration (and most haven't) I'd expect them to provide you with access to a detailed specification so that you can pass this information to your software developer via a document or a link to a webpage.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.