Add checkbox option with additional charge.

Site URL: https://haroldhome.co/products/custom-house-portrait

I understand Squarespace is closed/limited to adding extra payment options when it comes to products. But does anyone know if there actually are any options for code to add a checkbox with an additional charge to the product like in the example website? Thought I'd try and ask. Otherwise, can anyone tell me what ecommerce store the example site is using? Does shopify have all these options? Thank you 

On 2/7/2022 at 1:47 AM, gdmartino said:

Does anyone know if there actually are any options for code to add a checkbox with an additional charge to the product like in the example website?

On Squarespace you can customise products with variant options and custom product forms, but that's it.

To offer additional cost options you must add them as variant options. To use the 'skip the line' example in the quoted site, this would involve adding a variant called 'Skip the line' with Yes and No options - that's assuming you are able to add further variant rows.

As @meganheath mentioned, the site you've quoted is built on the Shopify platform (not Squarespace). Shopify has an 'Apps' ecosystem and so developers can build Apps that extend the basic functionality; this site is using an App to provide these additional cost options. Squarespace doesn't have an Apps or API concept like this, so it isn't possible for a developer like me to add a new cost option that is separate from variants. It may be possible to code a solution to make a particular variant option look like a checkbox, but that's about all we can do in the circumstances.

If this post has helped you, please click a 'Like' or 'Thanks' icon below  ⬇️

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

23 hours ago, meganheath said:

Hi @gdmartino

This extension might be a solution - https://sf.digital/squarespace-variant-pricing

Looks like the example site you posted is a Shopify site. 

Hope this helps.

Thank you! I will try and implement this. As this is going to add more drop down menus to my site, do you know how they've made the two drop down options next to each other rather than on top one another? 

3 minutes ago, gdmartino said:

Thank you! I will try and implement this. As this is going to add more drop down menus to my site, do you know how they've made the two drop down options next to each other rather than on top one another? 

Probably best to contact the developer if you have any questions about the extension.

Glad this solved the problem 🙂

37 minutes ago, meganheath said:

Probably best to contact the developer if you have any questions about the extension.

Hi @gdmartino. I'm the developer of the Variant Pricing extension so if you have any questions, feel free to reach out to me via DM, or to presales support via our website form or online chat.

Regarding side-by-side dropdowns, this is usually achievable with a line of CSS - the details will depend on the Squarespace version, template and PDP layout you are using. 🙂

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.