Checkout -- update quantities

Site URL: https://www.backyardbeans.com/shop

Hi! I got this comment from a customer checking out today, and to be honest it is not the first time we got this:

Your ordering site needs work. The patron must be able to change quantities without deleting and reordering.

Does anyone know if this is possible? Is this a limitation on Squarespace? If so, does anyone know if Shopify has this as an option? We are looking to redesigning our site with a new launch this Summer, so if we can make improvements that get customers a better experience, I'm all for it. 

Thanks!

• Replies 4
  • Views 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 hours ago, adanz said:

I got this comment from a customer checking out today, and to be honest it is not the first time we got this: “Your ordering site needs work. The patron must be able to change quantities without deleting and reordering.”

Is this a limitation on Squarespace?

Are we discussing the same site? When I look at the site link provided, it is selling subscriptions using Subbly (not Squarespace) as the subscription checkout:

0005502D-444C-4119-8FA0-BBB1563CDE1B.thumb.jpeg.bd3c02e4cf0cb2a5ce80f562e89867eb.jpeg

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Yes, we are using subbly for subscriptions now because we have better control over the process. But that's not what the customer is talking about. 

I believe he is talking about this page before you checkout (you can only update quantities, and you cannot update grind options or sizes)

469189305_ScreenShot2022-02-04at9_02_27AM.thumb.png.0c5ef9e4e067e6151c22491554d3ed15.png

36 minutes ago, adanz said:

You can only update quantities, and you cannot update grind options or sizes.

That's correct. Customers can change the quantity on the cart page pictured in your screenshot, as well as on the checkout page. They can also edit the details they provided on a Custom Product Form (if the product has one).

However, they cannot choose a different variant option once they have added a product to the cart. To change the variant they must return to the product page (clicking the product title is the quickest method), add a different variant to their checkout and then remove the unwanted item.

If this post has helped you, please click a 'Like' or 'Thanks' icon below  ⬇️

Edited by paul2009
edited for clarity

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.