How to modify the default texts?

Hi, 

I am doing the last finishes on a website in French and this is my first time using Squarespace. I bumped into some English default texts that I can't seem to modify. A user mentioned in another similar thread to use CSS code. 

The page template I am referring to on the website is the Events page where the default text "There are no upcoming events at this time." appears when no events are added. Is anyone here well-versed in CSS coding that could help me modify this text so I can put it in French, please? 

And can this code be applied elsewhere on the site, say, on the donation page template where there are some default English texts as well? 

Your help would really be appreciated.  

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

11 hours ago, m_inthe_city said:

I am doing the last finishes on a website in French. I bumped into some English default texts that I can't seem to modify. "There are no upcoming events at this time." appears when no events are added [to an Events page].

If you are building a website in French, you shouldn't need code because Squarespace supports French.

Log onto the site and go to Settings > Language & Region.

In the right hand panel, set your Site Language to the appropriate version of French:

site-language-french.thumb.png.95394eb036dc929a4b2375472f4715b8.png

After saving this change, the empty Events Page caption should automatically appear in French:

no-events-caption-french.png.3971d9c3cdf53f4408700a17722587b7.png

If this post helped, please click a 'Like' or 'Thanks' icon below  ⬇️

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

5 hours ago, m_inthe_city said:

If I must create a bilingual website (FR/EN) is there a way to have the default text in the language the website visitor will choose?

This feature hasn't been added yet. It is only possible to build a bilingual site by using an external translation service (like Weglot) or by writing custom code that translates all the fixed text elements according to the language that the user has selected.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.