Hiding unavailable options in a store page.

Is there a way to hide options from a dropdown in a store page if that option is unavailable?

I have a store selling artwork frames, which has a hierarchy of product options.

In the store page you will select the size of the frame, that will be the main product choice on the full store page.

> You will then select a frame depth

>> Then the mounting method (wall mounted or hanging) 

>>>Then if you want it illuminated or not.

Not all options are available for all frame depths. 

For example. you CAN have a 50mm deep frame, hanging, and illuminated. But you CANNOT have a 15mm deep frame, unless its wall-mounted only, and these cannot be illuminated.

I've removed these variant options from the product list, but because these are selectable variables in drop-downs, the menu allows you to select 15mm, then hanging, then illuminated; then displaying "UNAVAILABLE" at the top when selected, because the product cannot exist.

What I need is a way where as soon as the user selects 15mm frame, it doesn't even show "hanging" as a selectable option, or "illuminated".

Is there a way to add this sort of hierarchy/'IF' system?

FRAME.png

MOUNT.png

ILLUMINATION.png

UNAVAILABLE.png

1 hour ago, JonS90 said:

Is there a way to hide options from a dropdown in a store page if that option is unavailable?

Not all options are available for all frame depths. 

Squarespace shows all the individual product variant options by design. Without them, users may reject products simply because they couldn’t see a variant they were interested in - for example, illumination.

Rather than removing the invalid variant selections, I usually amend the "Unavailable" message to make it clearer. For example, something like "This combination of options cannot be ordered. For an Illuminated frame, please select a deeper Frame Depth". 

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.