Remove JOIN Button from Member Area access denied screen

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

Site URL: https://bison-apricot-b8el.squarespace.com/

I'd like to ideally redirect OR remove the default "Join" button that appears on the Member Area access denied screen as only trade members will be granted access to create a member account. 

Have tried various code snippets to remove with no luck. Screenshot attached. To access the live page, this link should work: https://bison-apricot-b8el.squarespace.com/all-lighting-trade

Any help would be appreciated. 

Thank you

Screen Shot 2021-04-18 at 4.48.11 PM.png

Edited by ann_nola
  • Solution
1 hour ago, ann_nola said:

I'd like to ideally redirect OR remove the default "Join" button that appears on the Member Area access denied screen as only trade members will be granted access to create a member account.

Remove

You should be able to hide it by adding the following to Design > Custom CSS:

#sqs-member-access-page-root button:first-of-type {
  display: none!important;
}

Redirect

You can add an alternative 'Join' option by adding a link within the text of the Access Denied Screen (you can edit this in DesignAccess Denied Screen) or you can write some JavaScript to modify the behaviour of the original button instead of hiding it.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

One follow up I now have @paul2009 is how to remove "Create Account" from the popup to log in to the Members Area? Pre-approved members will only be able to create an account by being provided the link to a hidden page. I've tried variations of the below code but no luck. Since "Forgot Password?" and "Create Account" both look to be a part of the footer, it's ok if by removing one the other gets removed as well. Thank you!

//HIDE MEMBER SIGN IN INFO//
#user-account-login-root
.footer .footer-sections {
  display: none!important;
}

Screen Shot 2021-04-19 at 1.50.39 PM.png

18 minutes ago, ann_nola said:

How [can I] remove "Create Account" from the popup to log in to the Members Area?

This cannot be removed! You cannot style the popup windows for login and sign-up, or the account panel where members manage their account.

As you'll have seen, this means that anyone can join and access the member content without being approved. I raised this - and other Member Area limitations - with Squarespace but there's no news on when or if this will change. If you're interested, you can view my list of Member Area limitations here. 

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 2 months later...
On 4/19/2021 at 2:40 PM, ann_nola said:

Site URL: https://bison-apricot-b8el.squarespace.com/

Have tried various code snippets to remove with no luck. Screenshot attached. To access the live page, this link should work: https://bison-apricot-b8el.squarespace.com/all-lighting-trade

Any help would be appreciated. 

Thank you

Screen Shot 2021-04-18 at 4.48.11 PM.png

Hi,

I'd like to do exactly the same as you. I can see you've set it up so they complete an application, and that you have a password screen that doesn't look to have any other way of applying. Do you mind giving me an outline of how you've set it up?

Thanks

Rob

2 minutes ago, robcauson said:

I can see you've set it up so they complete an application, and that you have a password screen that doesn't look to have any other way of applying. Do you mind giving me an outline of how you've set it up?

It isn't possible to do this with Member Areas right now. It looks like a standard Squarespace Form Block to apply for a shared password to a password-protected page.