Squarespace isn't honoring gift cards on 7.1

Site URL: https://www.afikomen.com/

Hi - I'm hoping someone is familiar with this problem and has a solution. We switched templates to 7.1, and have nearly 100 gift cards outstanding in the old template. We realized today that Squarespace will not honor these gift cards, even though this is the same account and the same website.

Customer Care's response was that we should cancel all gift cards, create individual discount codes for each unique customer in the amount of their gift card, and email each customer individually to explain what happened and provide the new code. That is ridiculous.

Squarespace is not honoring the gift cards codes that they issued, perhaps due to their own systems limitation with 7.1 that hasn't been addressed yet, and then we're expected to do all that work as a workaround. Without any advance warning or assistance.

If anyone has some advice on the best way to handle this, it would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you. 

• Replies 2
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, RicaDesigns said:

We switched templates to 7.1, and have nearly 100 gift cards outstanding in the old template. We realized today that Squarespace will not honor these gift cards, even though this is the same account and the same website

Customer Care's response was that we should cancel all gift cards, create individual discount codes for each unique customer in the amount of their gift card, and email each customer individually to explain what happened and provide the new code. 

Please don't shoot the messenger, but Customer Care are correct. You cannot solve this another way.

You may have transferred the domain name and your content, but it's not "the same website" and you haven't "switched" to Squarespace 7.1. You've started again with a completely new website.

As there's no upgrade path from Squarespace 7.0 to 7.1, the new site won't include any data from your old site. It won't know about customers, orders or gift codes from your previous site. You'll need to create new gift codes, and customers will need to create new customer accounts (if they used them).

it would be good, though, if Squarespace allows admins/owners to create GIFT CODES -- because discount codes are different and if i were a customer who bought a gift code before, i would be pretty upset to be given a discount code if something goes wrong, because then the discount code would cover only products, whereas gift codes cover both products and shipping. other e-commerce platforms allow for manual creation of gift codes (or gift certificates), and it boggles me why Squarespace doesn't have this functionality. (and i have officially logged a request for this feature before -- many times, actually.)

Archived