Member Login in navigation change to button - Brine

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

• Solution

You can change these with some CSS that you'll add to Design > Custom CSS.

Addressing the alignment issue first, you can fix this by adding some margin along the bottom of the sign-in link.

.Header-account.loaded .user-accounts-text-link {
    margin-bottom: .309em;
}

Once the link is aligned, you can add some background color and some padding to make the link look like a button. You didn't say how you wanted it to look, so I've assumed that you want to match the buttons on the banner image. These have rounded edges, so you'll also need to set a border radius. If you add these to the CSS above, it should look something like this:

.Header-account.loaded .user-accounts-text-link {
    margin-bottom: .309em;
    background-color: #dec29c;
    border-color: #dec29c;
    padding: 17px 21px;
    border-radius: 300px;
}

The link should now look like a button, but it doesn't change when you hover over it. To include this effect (and to match your other buttons) add the following CSS too:

.user-accounts-text-link:hover { 
    opacity: .8;
} 

Note that due to a bug on Squarespace (Feb 2021) you may need to save and close the CSS panel before you'll be able to hover over the button to see this effect. Hopefully this bug will be fixed soon!

gina-piccalo-desktop-nav.thumb.gif.f872f2dd11c91d0ba1bb18e332998244.gif

The CSS above should take care of the link in the desktop nav. If you'd like to do the same with the link on mobile devices, you'll need to add some more CSS, but this time referring to the Mobile-bar. I've included some settings to make the link uppercase and reduce the font size slightly.

.Mobile-bar-account.loaded .user-accounts-text-link {
    background-color: #dec29c;
    border-color: #dec29c;
    padding: 17px 21px;
    border-radius: 300px;
    text-transform: uppercase;
    font-size: 11px;
}

gina-piccalo-mobile-nav.gif.1fe4ae0778d42f9287aac761659afd10.gif

I hope this helps.

Notes: 
The instructions above are for a Squarespace 7.0 site using a Brine-family template. Other versions and templates will require different code.

-Paul

If this post has helped you, please click an icon below  ⬇️

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 3 months later...
2 hours ago, TimButler said:

I would like to do the exact same thing as this, but on 7.1.

When you post a question, it really helps if you include a working link to the site. If the site isn't live, you'll also want to set a public password in the visibility settings and share it with the community.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 4 months later...
On 5/24/2021 at 8:58 PM, paul2009 said:

When you post a question, it really helps if you include a working link to the site. If the site isn't live, you'll also want to set a public password in the visibility settings and share it with the community.

Hi Paul I'm also struggling to create Members Area button instead of having Members login, this is for Squarespace 7.1 the website is www.kubhula.com and is currently live.