Landing Page Code

• Replies 5
  • Views 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, RWPC said:

I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to create a landing page that is separate from the home page on Squarespace 7.1? 

There's a feature in Squarespace 7.0 called Cover Pages that allows you to create a very minimal page to use as a landing page, but this hasn't made it into 7.1 yet. However, you can create something very similar by creating a new page and then designing it to meet your needs. Once it's ready, you can add some CSS to hide the header and footer panes if required.

If you'd like some help with the CSS, please post a working link to the page when it has been created. The url will end with .squarespace.com and the page name. If your site isn't live yet, we will only be able to use the link if you set a view-only password and tell us what it is. Adding a password won't affect the security of the site, but will enable the community to view the site.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Will this new page with the header/footer hidden be the first page people see when they enter the website? And if you click on the logo will it take you to this page or the home page? Is there a way to separate the landing page and home page? Thanks!

Without using a page ulr slug something like this "mydomain.com/blog" then mydomain.com will always go to the home page, and that includes a landing page. If it is to be the first page that visitors see than it would have to be set as the home page. As far as clicking on the logo, normally that takes you to the home page, but with css code you can make clicking the logo go nowhere or some page other than the home page. This thread addresses that:

Archived