Registration form directs to payment page

Site URL: http://finn1pt.squarespace.com

Hi,

I'm building a service site that lets customers register their information and then pay a monthly fee. It's not published yet. My plan is to use the squarespace form to gather their information, when they send the form to my e-mail, they will get redirected to my product page where they finally gets to the checkout. There is several flaws with this solution, the biggest is that the form and payment is two separate processes, i.e the form can be filled out without completing the check out. 

Do anyone have any experiences in similiar issues? I've seen third part services are being proposed to solve this issue, and I am considering that as well. I would prefer to start with only Sqaurespace's functionallity to begin with. 

Thanks in advance.

• Replies 6
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can you provide some more context? For example, what is the service? What information does the form capture? 

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

20 minutes ago, paul2009 said:

Can you provide some more context? For example, what is the service? What information does the form capture? 

This is the link to the form: finn1pt.sqaurespace.com/lag-en-profil (password: access) 

The site is for personal trainers that want to market their services. So it's both personal information and professional information. 

Thanks. Have you tried adding a Custom Product Form to the service, so that advertisers are prompted for this information as part of the purchase process?

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

53 minutes ago, paul2009 said:

Thanks. Have you tried adding a Custom Product Form to the service, so that advertisers are prompted for this information as part of the purchase process?

Thanks, I haven't tried it yet, I couldn't quite wrap my head around it. I will give it another try. Can you add script/CSS to that check out form as well? I forgot to mention that I have included a script to my form so the advertiser can upload an image.  

3 hours ago, m_lundberg said:

Can you add script/CSS to that form as well?

It will depend on the script.

Archived