Sitemap error because of date format in Google search console

Site URL: https://www.bushmans.si/vadbe-online

Hi! So i am submiting sitemap.xml in search console from google and it gives me an error. What should I do to fix the date. I havechecked my calendar on the website and it seems fine. What should I do? What is actually wrong with date format?

Is the fault in my event page: https://www.bushmans.si/vadbe-online

or blog page: https://www.bushmans.si/blog/intervju-s-samo-seboj-o-kreti

An invalid date was found. Please fix the date or formatting before resubmitting.
Examples
Line 816
Parent tag:
url
Tag:
lastmod
Edited by zivexs
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Please folks. It would help if you posted your site URLs and the relevant section(s) of the error report. Without that info we have no chance of seeing what the problem might be.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

• 1 month later...
On 1/10/2021 at 2:57 AM, creedon said:

Please folks. It would help if you posted your site URLs and the relevant section(s) of the error report. Without that info we have no chance of seeing what the problem might be.

I have this problem as well! 

My url is www.mathildenicolinebergersen.com 

See screenshot for error-message. Not sure if it says the error is in line 3397, also not sure how to find this "line"?

Skjermbilde 2021-02-16 kl. 16.08.48.png

@mathildenicoline

I think I found the line in the site map that is the problem.

<url>
    <loc>https://www.mathildenicolinebergersen.com/store-2</loc>
    <changefreq>daily</changefreq>
    <priority>0.75</priority>
    <lastmod>52827-12-14</lastmod>
  </url>

As to how to fix the date? It's not like a Store/Product page has a date you can set like you can with some other elements of a SS site. It appears this bad date format is common to v7.1 sites. I just looked at the site map for a test v7.1 site and it too has the bad dates. However my test v7.0 site the dates are good.

The error is more of an annoyance than causing a problem with your site map being read.

You might want to contact Customer Support.

Edited by creedon

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

• 1 month later...
On 1/10/2021 at 1:57 AM, creedon said:

My prt screen is under. check first message! 

I would be super happy for help!

Screenshot 2021-03-31 at 18.51.49.png

• 7 months later...
1 hour ago, jbulck said:

How can we request support from Squarespace?

You can contact Squarespace Customer Care using this link.

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

2 minutes ago, JeanDeBulge said:

However, is there a way to post my question.  I'm stuck in some high level FAQ board.

Squarespace have some issues with their support page when logged in. I recommend you choose 'I don't have an account'. You should then be able to open a support ticket.

1205853936_Screenshot2021-11-29at21_43_13.thumb.png.86c62c75860eb1d7d4122e5b2ef8114f.png

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 4 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, jdcmontana said:

I'm having the same problem.

If making changes to the page doesn’t resolve this, you’ll need to contact Customer Care so they can reset the sitemap.