Skip Link for 7.0 Website

hi –

I am looking for someone who knows how to get a skip link to work on a 7.0 website. I managed to get it on the website and it works for one content skip and then goes directly back up to the top navigation. Have looked and looked and have found no solution on the Internet. Willing to hire 🙂

Thanks!

• Replies 6
  • Views 803
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please post the URL for the page with the skip link.

If your site is not public please set up a site-wide password, if you've not already done so. Post the password here.

We can then take a look at your issue.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/23/2020 at 9:32 PM, queerterpreter said:

Hi, @melbeestudio, I see you somehow succeeded, but I don't know how! Could you please explain? I'm trying to do the same.

Thank you!!

I see they answered above. You can check again.

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

2 hours ago, tuanphan said:

I see they answered above. You can check again.

No, that's not the answer. Try it out: if you immediately press tab when the site loads, you see the UserWay skip link (white and on the left). If, instead, you hide UserWay and press tab, you see a different skip link (blue and in the center). That's the one I want, the one unrelated to UserWay.

• 1 month later...

Hey there @melbeestudio and @queerterpreter,

Skip links are built-it to the newer 7.1 templates, but you have to add them with custom code for the older 7.0 templates. I posted a few different template-specific solutions in another thread here:

Hope this helps! Feel free to send me a DM if you need further assistance.
-Tyler

PS - For whatever it's worth, I've written here about why Userway is a poor approach to accessibility. Sure, it adds a skip link, but the button is super ugly and it does very little to actually improve the user experience for people with disabilities 😉

The above post may be outdated. I’m no longer active in the Squarespace ecosystem, so I won’t see your direct messages. For better resources about web accessibility, I’ve documented some of my thoughts on my forum profile.

Archived