Center logo and Right align navigation

I've been using the 7.1 version of squarespace.  For your header, it only allows you to align things a certain way.  For example, if you want the logo in the middle then your navigation links will be to the left and buttons to the right.  So right now my logo is in the middle, the "shop" link is to the left, and the "cart" button is to the right.  I want to move my "shop" link to the right, next to the cart icon and keep the logo centered.  What is the css to do this?

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/28/2020 at 1:17 AM, tuanphan said:

Have you solved this yet? If not, can you share site url? We can check easiser.

I sent a screenshot. Are you able to help without url? I don't have any code on the item and it is squarespace 7.1, I am looking for a code to be able to move the "Shop" button to the right side of the page.  In the header settings, it only allows you to choose left alignment. 

If you can't provide site url, we need to create a trial site, make layout same as you, then test code. It is very time consuming, and I don't think anyone here is willing to do it. Whereas if you share the url, we only take 3-5 minutes to check.

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

9 hours ago, tuanphan said:

If you can't provide site url, we need to create a trial site, make layout same as you, then test code. It is very time consuming, and I don't think anyone here is willing to do it. Whereas if you share the url, we only take 3-5 minutes to check.

For some reason it does not allow me to create a site password to share the URL, and my site is not yet published. Are you able to share a code for me to try myself?  There is not other coding.

• 9 months later...

A simple solution without seeing your site or it's code is to set the logo to be on the left with menu right and then change the flex box to allow the logo to rest up against your menu.

Try this to see what you get:

.header-title-nav-wrapper{
	flex-grow: 1;
	flex-shrink: 0;
	margin-left:auto;
}

.header-layout-nav-right .header-nav {

margin-left: unset !important;

}

.header-nav {
	flex-grow: unset !important;

}

.header-title {
	margin-left: auto;
}

The only way to get a logo that sits exactly in the middle with your nav items wrapping to the right is to change a lot of the code/styles - which as has been mentioned above, would require a shared link to your site.

Edited by IgnitePerth
correction

Contact Us for detailed help

Common Squarespace Tips

Sharing Your Site Link

Squarespace web designers in Perth WA.

As an addition to the above, if for some reason you ABSOLUTELY cannot share a site link, play with the header-title margin-left value.  a value of around 50% should place the logo somewhere near the middle, but again without seeing your site we cannot see what other elements you have in the header to know.

.header-title {
	margin-left: 50%;
}

Edited by IgnitePerth
correction

Common Squarespace Tips

Sharing Your Site Link

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there! I believe I'm having this same issue so I am curious to know if this issue was fixed and code was found for the issue? 

@IgnitePerth I tried your suggested code and it worked great with a 40% margin on the web view to get the site title centered, but once the site is viewed via the mobile view, the margin code sets the the site title over the top of the mobile nav burger. Do you know of a mobile nav adjustment for this code injection? 

Thank you! 🙂 

• 2 months later...

Hi Margmorg - you absolutely can choose right aligned - the option just isn't very intuitive.

When you select edit site header, on the right hand side of your screen, you get a popup menu.  The initial settings tab is for GLOBAL.  Select the monitor icon for Desktop.  The options you are looking for are in there.

rightMenu.png

Common Squarespace Tips

Sharing Your Site Link

• 1 year later...

Hi there,

I'm trying to work in some custom CSS and I can't quite get it to work.  We are wanting to get the site title/logo and nav bar to stay centered and have a search bar aligned off to the right.  Now as far as I know with 7.1 you have to add in a search bar with Jquery in order to get a search bar in header.  If there is a better option, please let me know.

Can someone please help me with CSS in order get the nav bar right aligned while also keeping everything else centered? Is this possible? Cheers

https://jennys-table.squarespace.com/

Password: Jennystable

Screenshot 2023-04-11 at 5.51.41 PM.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/19/2021 at 2:00 AM, IgnitePerth said:

Hi Margmorg - you absolutely can choose right aligned - the option just isn't very intuitive.

When you select edit site header, on the right hand side of your screen, you get a popup menu.  The initial settings tab is for GLOBAL.  Select the monitor icon for Desktop.  The options you are looking for are in there.

rightMenu.png

Hello. 
Is there an option in to have the logo in the middle and navigation items on the right side? It is kind of frustrating that there is every option BUT having navigation on the right. 
I feel like this may only be possible with code.

11 hours ago, pietro445 said:

Is there an option in to have the logo in the middle and navigation items on the right side?

No.

It is kind of frustrating that there is every option BUT having navigation on the right.

I would be grand if SS would revisit the header layouts and add a few more options!

I feel like this may only be possible with code.

It is.

Add the following to Design > Custom CSS.

/* begin header branding center navigation right */

.header-display-desktop,
  .header-title-nav-wrapper

{

flex-direction : row-reverse;

}

.header-actions--right {

}

/* end header branding center navigation right */

This is for v7.1.

Without being able to see your site I can't be sure how this will work, but it's a starting point.

Let us know how it goes.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

On 4/29/2023 at 2:55 AM, creedon said:

No.

I would be grand if SS would revisit the header layouts and add a few more options!

It is.

Add the following to Design > Custom CSS.

/* begin header branding center navigation right */

.header-display-desktop,
  .header-title-nav-wrapper

{

}

.header-actions--right {

}

/* end header branding center navigation right */

This is for v7.1.

Without being able to see your site I can't be sure how this will work, but it's a starting point.

Let us know how it goes.

I really appreciate this, thank you so much @creedon! Have a fantastic rest of your Sunday.