HELP! Need to display the variant dropdown even with only ONE option

Hi All!

I'm building a shop that sells beer online. I added a Variant called "Size" and it will display options such as: 

• 4 pack 12oz bottles
  • 6 pack 12oz Cans

My problem is that for some products, there is only one option and I need that option to display on the page regardless. They seem to only display a variant when there is MORE than one option. You can see this in the attached screenshot. Any idea how to force this display (besides adding the size as "text" in the description. I'm trying to stay away from that so that reporting will be consistent from product to product.) 

This needs to go live next week so any help asap would be so appreciated - thank you!! 
Rachel 

Screen Shot 2020-09-25 at 11.45.59 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-09-25 at 11.46.20 AM.png

1 hour ago, raeroshow said:

I'm building a shop that sells beer online. I added a Variant called "Size"... They only display a variant when there is MORE than one option. Any idea how to force this display.

The variant 'selector' will only appear if there are options for the user to select. It would be considered poor UI design practice to show the control if it could not be used to select another size. You will therefore need to include the size in the product description. If you want it to appear in a consistent way, there may be some styling options you could use, but to help you with this, but we'll need to see the site (a working url, not a screenshot).

If it helps, the "selected" size option will appear in the cart like any other variant, making the design consistent on this page.

I hope this helps.

If a post helps you, please click a "Like" option below  ↘️

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

It should appear in all areas as if the variant had been manually selected. It just won’t appear on the product detail page for the customer to select from. 

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 9 months later...