• Replies 4
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 9/7/2020 at 3:27 AM, SAL1570048383 said:

Is it possible to password protect a group of pages, so that visitors only need to key in the password one time.

This wasn’t possible when the question above was posted, but it is now possible to protect a group of pages and only allow access to users who have their own (single) password. This feature is Squarespace Member Areas and, although this is a native feature, there’s an additional fee to use it. For more information, see Member Areas.

Edited by paul2009
Member Areas released

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 4 weeks later...

Its been suggested here every now and then but there is no official talk of adding that function that I am aware of.

The closet thing to making it happen is to put all the pages you want password protected in the unlinked section of your site, turn them off to search results, and put a link on the nav bar that goes to a pass worded page with a menu of those pages on it. This is not truly password protected but the pages are hidden from the public and it does take a password to find out where they are. 

Edited by derricksrandomviews
  • 7 months later...

I don't think that's the best idea! Since it will be absolutely unsafe. I think there are some extensions in chrome that can do similar things, but I don't think it will do you any good. Because of this feature, you can easily be hacked and gain access to your accounts. I was hacked several times, and since then I use strong password generator which helps me to have a certain complex password on each site, and I write them not on the computer but on the phone. This way I protect myself from hacking and various damn scammers. I would be interested to know if you use different passwords on different sites or use the same one

Edited by Guest