Create a New Arrivals Product Page

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

Curious how to have any new products I upload go to the new arrivals section, in addition to their respective category.  Ex: hat goes into new arrivals and mens, hats.

How do we handle this in Squarespace?  I'm sure I'm missing something super simple but would love some pointers.

Thanks

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Solution
13 hours ago, justsayin said:

Curious how to have any new products I upload go to the new arrivals section, in addition to their respective category.  Ex: hat goes into new arrivals and mens, hats.

There isn't a field that you can use to automate this, but a workaround is to add a "New Arrivals" tag to each item. You can then filter the products using this tag. Of course you'll need to remove it after a period of time!

You could also add a "New Arrival" label to new products so they stand out when displayed in their product categories. I wrote a guide explaining how to do this: Adding a custom status badge to Squarespace Products.

If this helps you, please click "Like" below  ⬇️

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 2 weeks later...

@paul2009

Thank you for the response.  I may have set things up wrong from the start.  I'm setting up a store for a client but instead of creating 1 shop to house all the mens, womens, kids, accessories products, I created 4 individual stores in her navigation.  From what I've read it sounds like I should set up 1 shop and create simple links in the main navigation and use tags to organize what product goes where (new arrivals, sold page, sale, men's, kids, etc.)

My client has already uploaded all her products and written the descriptions.  Is there a way to merge all those stores into one?  Attaching a screenshot of how the pages are setup now.

Oh and read through your custom badges article and I'm stuck on how to place the badge over the top left corner of each product tile.  Screen attached.

Any help on this would be huge.

Thank you!

Screen Shot 2020-09-15 at 8.56.50 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-09-15 at 8.57.12 AM.jpg

5 minutes ago, justsayin said:

From what I've read it sounds like I should set up 1 shop and create simple links in the main navigation and use tags to organize what product goes where (new arrivals, sold page, sale, men's, kids, etc.)

That's right. On 7.1 sites the 'correct' way to set up products - according to the Squarespace designers - is to use a single Store page.  This can now contain up to 10,000 products which means it is usually the easiest way to manage products because you can share tags and categories. If you put them on separate Store pages, you cannot do this.

As Squarespace designers expected users to create this single page they haven't built a tool to move products from one page to another. The only way to do this currently is to export to a CSV file and then import, which is not a good experience.

11 minutes ago, justsayin said:

Oh and read through your custom badges article and I'm stuck on how to place the badge over the top left corner of each product tile.

The article uses the default badge designs and these appear in different locations according to the Squarespace version. Brine/Version 7.0 shows them over the image, but 7.1 has a label on the page canvas. You could use CSS to change them.

If a post helps you, please click a "Like" option below  ↘️

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

@paul2009

Thank you for the quick feedback.  If I may, I have one more question.  In my commerce tab I see her inventory.  I exported it all but when I go to import it again, the 4 shops I created are still set as active pages and nothing shows up in the single store I want to replace the other 4 with.  #lost.

If you time in your schedule we'd love to hire you on to get this portion of her site integrated!

• 2 weeks later...

I got some help from the support team.  So their solution is you have to export the data, then reimport to one store.  Oh but then your images mysteriously disappear off our servers so you have to manually upload them all again??  You export all the other information like the descriptions, pricing, etc. but the images all of the sudden disappear?   This platform is a joke. 

• 6 months later...
15 hours ago, maxi said:

Hello, i added the programming CSS and code injection for adding 'new' badge . it does show up but only in backoffice - not on the front end of the site . 

What is missing ? Did you have the same issue ? 

Can you share link to product page? We can help easier

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)