Adding photo to blog

Is it possible to add photos to a blog post?  More specifically, to the Bergen template?  I click on Blog, but the only option it provides me is text.  Does anyone know of a blog template that allows you to add photos in there and that the main background of the template is white?

Bergen is a 7.1 template, and all templates in 7.1 and 7.0 allow blog pictures. Blogs on SS are designed with artists and photographers in mind. I think you need some help in how to make a post and to upload and place an image. This tutorial gives an overview of creating a blog page and post, notice the image layouts and content blocks with "upload image" on them. You use the insert point to add an image block, its the little teardrop dot, click that, panel opens and choose image or gallery. 

https://www.maryphilip.com/the-blog/creating-a-blog-of-version-71-templates-squarespace

Edited by derricksrandomviews
  • 3 months later...
24 minutes ago, sailingwylde said:

Is there a 7.0 example of this. My question would be answered by that video but it is completely different in my theme... it was the one with the plants, I don't remember it's name.

Thank you!

7.0 template familes are very different from each other but blogging features are similar. I belive yours is Pedro which is a member of the Brine Family. That happens to be one of ghe best group of templates ever made. 

Edited by derricksrandomviews

I am an idiot! .... It is a Journal not a blog. No wonder things are so different. So I need to look up how to add an image in a Journal entry. I add it and it shows up before you click the journal entry, but not in the entry itself. 

The theme is "Crosby" with all the plants.

I'm sure I'm not the only idiot that didn't notice the difference between "Journal" and "Blog"... well maybe I am... lol. 

EDIT:
I found my answer here: https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/articles/205814528-Image-Blocks

But it was different, I accidentally clicked the BLUE PLUS and I was able to insert and image. I don't see those GREY inset points... 

Oh, well... learning curve. Check.

Edited by sailingwylde
found solution
  • 7 months later...