Navigation links either side of logo in site header

Hey @tuanphan,

Would you be kind to help me as well? I'm trying to get the logo center and splitting the navigation on either side of the logo as has been discussed in this thread. Here is my website: niksfineart.com, password: ss1234

18 hours ago, Sanny said:

Hey @tuanphan,

Would you be kind to help me as well? I'm trying to get the logo center and splitting the navigation on either side of the logo as has been discussed in this thread. Here is my website: niksfineart.com, password: ss1234

Which template do you use?

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

@tuanphan  I came across this topic and I'm trying to accomplish the same. I need to split the navigation menu to the left and right of the centered logo. Right now, it's just on the left. I wish Squarespace had the option to do it along with the other nav header layouts they have. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Site: https://active-redesign-1.squarespace.com/ 

PW: blackom2020

21 hours ago, jacauschi23 said:

@tuanphan  I came across this topic and I'm trying to accomplish the same. I need to split the navigation menu to the left and right of the centered logo. Right now, it's just on the left. I wish Squarespace had the option to do it along with the other nav header layouts they have. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Site: https://active-redesign-1.squarespace.com/ 

PW: blackom2020

Add to Home > Design > Custom CSS

@media screen and (min-width:992px) {
.header-nav-item:nth-child(n+4) {
    position: relative;
    left: 60vw;
    top: -25px;
}
}

Or send to forum message

On 10/17/2020 at 8:16 AM, tuanphan said:

Add to Home > Design > Custom CSS

@media screen and (min-width:992px) {
.header-nav-item:nth-child(n+4) {
    position: relative;
    left: 60vw;
    top: -25px;
}
}

Hello @tuanphan!

Amazing work as always.

Curious if there is a way to "center" the two nav groups on the sides they are on?

I'm building a site for a client, changed nth-child to (n+3) to have two pages on either side of the site logo, but curious if there is a way to have those two groups look "centered" on their respective sides?

Thanks, all the best.

On 10/22/2020 at 6:12 PM, tuanphan said:

You can increase left value

Hey @tuanphan, that's what I have done, my concern is that where the navs place changes based on the size computer you are on... So on my screen it looks great, but when I look at the site on my wife's screen it's overlaid ontop of the logo a bit. Is there any way to "lock" these elements or dictate their spacing off of the logo?

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/12/2020 at 12:58 AM, zuzahicks said:

Hi there, I'm trying to do the same and would greatly appreciate the help. 

https://haddock-guava-pgy3.squarespace.com/home

20 hours ago, AffinityAuthorServices said:

Hi @tuanphan,

I am struggling with this same issue!
Could you pease help me?

My site is still in the works.
www.affinityauthorservices.com
Password: AAS

This requires lot of code. You can add me as a contributor, I can test code easier.

Or send to forum message

8 hours ago, tuanphan said:

This requires lot of code. You can add me as a contributor, I can test code easier.

@tuanphan, I can definitely do this, what email do I send the invite to?

Regarding the Nav bar, do you also know how to relocate my header navigation below my header banner exactly like this site: https://harlow.showit.site/ 

Any help at all would be amazing. I have not been able to find any CSS regarding this and the ones I did find did not work for me.

Thank you in advance for your time, it is greatly appreciated!

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/26/2020 at 1:47 PM, Daymaker said:

Hey @tuanphan, that's what I have done, my concern is that where the navs place changes based on the size computer you are on... So on my screen it looks great, but when I look at the site on my wife's screen it's overlaid ontop of the logo a bit. Is there any way to "lock" these elements or dictate their spacing off of the logo?

I am having this same issue with the navigation moving all over the place depending on window size - is there any way to make it more responsive?

@CalixtoD

Please post the URL for your site. It is hard to help you if we can't see your site.

If your site is not public please set up a site-wide password, if you've not already done so. Post the password here.

We can then take a look at your issue.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

1 hour ago, creedon said:

@CalixtoD

Please post the URL for your site. It is hard to help you if we can't see your site.

If your site is not public please set up a site-wide password, if you've not already done so. Post the password here.

We can then take a look at your issue.

Sorry yes of course: https://www.sundazestudio.com/ is the site.

So the navigation isn't responsive and moves all over the place when resizing and also I can't for the life of me figure out how to get the spacing between the Logo and the nav to the right and left of it equidistant! (the spacing to the right is always a bit bigger!

Thanks!

@CalixtoD

I'm thinking the problem might be a fairly large line height for your navigation items.

792642971_ScreenShot2020-12-11at3_15_38PM.png.70d343fb549f2716f8dad5a2c068870e.png

10em is a pretty large value. The default value for that is 1.8.

If you are using the 10em to achieve a padding effect I'm thinking a different approach is needed. What that approach is depends on what you are trying to do there.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.