Extra Space - Please help

Site URL: https://demo-61w23.squarespace.com/config/pages

Hi All,

I've created a building graphic and have each floor set as its own rollover image using code blocks. It works perfectly however there needs to be absolutely no vertical space between the code blocks in order for it to look like a single image. Right now, there is a small amount of space that is showing up between each floor and ruing the effect, how can I get rid of it??

Currently I am using this bit of css which helps a bit but not completely. I tried also setting the padding to  " 0 0 0 0 " as well as adding "margin: 0 !important" without any luck.

.code-block {
padding: 0 !important;
}

https://demo-61w23.squarespace.com/config/pages

the site password is:  demo61w23

• Replies 5
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, derricksrandomviews said:

Try -10 in place of the 0. Very effective "one page" site. Crongrats, nice work. 

Thanks so much for the feedback Derrick!  That was a good idea, I didn't even think of going negative but unfortunately it didn't work for me. 😕 It actually increased the space! Ha, can you imagine?

Did you try different numbers? -1, so on? -10 may have been a bit too much. This is the code I use, just some space differences.

.code-block {
}

Some say to use a rule with more specific instructions. You can adjust the -number if needed. 

.sqs-code-block-horizontalrule {margin-top:-25px !important; margin-bottom:-25px !important;}

1 hour ago, derricksrandomviews said:

Did you try different numbers? -1, so on? -10 may have been a bit too much. This is the code I use, just some space differences.

.code-block {
}

Some say to use a rule with more specific instructions. You can adjust the -number if needed. 

.sqs-code-block-horizontalrule {margin-top:-25px !important; margin-bottom:-25px !important;}

I did try different numbers, I tried negative single, double and triple digit numbers with no luck. I also tried the more specific code you suggested, using margin and trying padding too, as well as trying different numbers. For some reason any number positive or negative is increasing the space, and 0 still displays space! I'm totally stumped.

Archived